Two

Tania could feel the sweat roll down her back from being underneath Flint's stare. She'd never been with a white man, and had even written them off, but he was causing her to have second thoughts.

"Do you know what's wrong with it?" His voice brought her back to their current situation.

"Um, no. I had been driving and it just kind of crapped out on me." She frowned as she eyed her car. It had been her first big girl purchase after successfully launching her own eco friendly beauty salon.

"I can take a look, if you'd like." He still held the hat against his chest by the crown, his large hand easily covering the material.

"You can if you feel like it. I've already called a tow truck." Tania turned to open her car door before leaning over to press the button to pop the hood. Flint placed his hat back on his head once he'd made it to the front of the car. The pair shared another moment of eye contact before he pulled the hood up and ducked underneath.

Slipping back on her seat, Tania fanned herself and wiped the sweat away from her forehead. She couldn't tell if it was the heat or being in Flint's presence that had her so flustered. Just as she was going to join him at the front of the car, her phone began ringing.

"Hello?" She answered without checking who it was, a habit she'd built up from work.

"Hey, baby." A familiar voice spoke on the other end.

"Boy what did I tell you about calling me baby?" She rolled her eyes as she slumped back in her seat. Devin was one of her recent entanglements. A 6'3 dark skin covered in tattoos. The sex was good but he seemed to want more from her than she was willing to give.

"I'm sorry, girl, I just wish you would stop playing hard to get and let me spoil you." She could practically hear him biting his lip.

"Goodbye Devin. I'm not doing this right now." Rolling her eyes, she hung up and threw her phone into the passenger seat. She got out of the car and slowly approached the front. Flint's large hands were covered in grease by now as he touched and prodded the machinery.

"Trouble in paradise?" He inquired before pulling the oil stick from its compartment.

"He wishes." She chuckled as she rolled her eyes. A small smirk graced Flint's lips before they once more fell into a stoic expression. His eyes focused in on the oil before he leaned over to look into the compartment.

"When's the last time you had your oil changed?" Turning his face up at her, Tania felt nerves build in her stomach. Flint was, without a doubt, one of the most attractive men she'd ever met.

"Uhh," she cleared her throat, "I don't know. I usually have my boyfriends take care of it."

His eyebrows furrowed at her words and she swore she saw the light leave his green eyes. A hum was all he returned her before eyeing the car once more.

"You probably have a sludge build up. Might need a whole new engine." Closing the hood, he wiped his hands on his jeans before pulling the hat from his head once more.

"Just my fuckin' luck." Tania blew out a tired breath before pinching her nose. While she could easily get a flight back home, it would mean she'd have to rely on Ubers to get her to work until she could get the car fixed.

"How far's your tow?" Flint questioned as he leaned against the front of her car.

"Next available truck won't be until 8."

"PM?" His eyebrows shot up and he stood straighter.

"Unfortunately." Tania bit her lip as she gazed back at his concerned face.