Five

Tania opened her mouth to reply but the distant ringing of a phone stopped her.

"Ignore it." Flint egged on as he reached to pull her against his chest.

"Wait. What time is it?" She swatted away his eager hands before getting out of bed. It was clearly dark out but she needed to know if it was 8 yet since she hadn't called off her tow.

"8:30."

She cursed before slipping back on her oversized shirt and running downstairs. The ringing had stopped by now so she was left with her memory of where she'd placed the device.

"What the fuck?" She muttered as she rummaged through her purse. It was where she usually kept the device but it was nowhere to be found. Mentally retracing her steps, she tried to remember where she'd set it down.

"Kitchen counter." Her body jumped at the voice and she placed a hand over her wildly beating heart.

"Sorry." Flint chuckled as he joined her in the kitchen. As he said, her phone laid next to the bread she'd sliced for her sandwich. Unlocking the device, she cursed as she noticed 8 missed calls from the tow company.

"Hello?"

"Hi, my name's Tania Roberts. I had a tow scheduled tonight." She bit her lip as she turned around and leaned against the counter. Approaching her, Flint wrapped his arms around her and laid a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Umm... Ms. Roberts we tried contacting you multiple times. When our driver arrived your car was on fire and he was unable to get to it due to a crowd of people. Are you safe?" The news caused her blood to run cold despite a voice in the back of her head anticipating this exact event.

"Yes, I'm safe, thank you." Blowing out a heavy breath, she finished the call and laid the device back on the counter.

"Everything okay?" Flint questioned as he ducked down to look her in the eyes.

"Turns out they burned my car so I'll have to get another one." His face dropped and worried filled his eyes at the announcement. Pulling her closer, he coddled her head against his chest before softly whispering reassuring words to her. Tania wanted to cry for the loss of the car she'd worked hard for but she knew it was better the car than her.

"Come on." He grabbed her hand and led her back upstairs. Instead of heading back into the room, they entered the room next to it which turned out to be a bathroom. She was surprised to see a luxury, vintage clawfoot style tub.

"That tub is beautiful." She commented as he ushered her to sit on the toilet.

"Thank you. I refurbished it myself." Reaching under the sink, he pulled out a bag of epsom salt and rose bubble bath.

"Rose huh?" Tania joked as she took the large bottle from him so that he could begin running a bath.

"Damn straight. It smells amazing." The unashamed tone gave Tania an appreciation for Flint. Most men she'd encountered would have lied considering the bottle was something designed for women. Flint's security in his masculinity was a rarity she admired.

"This is for relaxation purposes so I'll skip the loofas. Strip." He ordered once the tub was filled with bubbles and smelled of roses. Standing from the toilet, she allowed him to pull the shirt from her body.

"You're so beautiful." Leaning down, he kissed along her collarbones as his hands pulled her closer.

"So I've been told." She giggled at the sensation of his lips.

"Get in." Using his grip on her waist, he ushered her towards the tub before slapping her on the ass.

"Hey! You better watch those things." Turning back, she gave him a mocking mean look as she pointed at his large hands. He hurriedly held his hands up, a cheeky smile on his face. Tania was almost speechless at how handsome he looked simply standing there.

Stepping into the tub, a sigh escaped at the hot water. All her worries seemed to fade away as she slipped into the water- the bubbles coming up to her chest.

"You getting in?" Looking up, she saw him standing there simply watching her.

"Would you like me to?"

"I wouldn't have asked had I not." He laughed lightly before stripping from his clothes. A chiseled physique appeared from under the baggy pj bottoms and faded t-shirt. His wide chest held a modest amount of hair that led the eyes down to a 6 pack that was clearly from natural lifting all day.

She almost wanted to look away as he slipped from his bottoms. The happy trail led into a neatly trimmed patch of hair just above his dick. She could tell he was semi-hard just from watching her get in the tub. Finally looking away, she moved to the end of the tub and turned to face him as he slipped inside.

"Ow! Get those gremlin feet away from me." She laughed as he accidentally kicked her hip trying to situate his large body inside the tub. Due to his height, his knees bent out of the water and he sat high against the end of the tub.

"Don't talk about my feet. I work in boots all day, Ms. Precious." Pulling her well manicured feet on to his thighs, he popped the bottom before beginning to massage them.

"You don't know anything about me, captain save-a-hoe." She laughed as he rolled his eyes at the joke. Both of them knew he couldn't object considering he immediately came to save her despite being a stranger at the time.

"Well, tell me about you then." He smiled softly before pushing his hair away from his face. The water from his hands aided in slicking the unruly strands back.

"Ummm, I'm 27 originally from Chicago but I moved to Houston after I got my Master's in Accounting. Opened up my own beauty salon and have been running it for the last 2 years." She spewed off the normal things people wanted to know about a person.

"A highly educated woman. Congratulations on running your own business." He nodded as he listened to her. The foot massage quickly turned into him working his way up her calves.

"Thank you. What about you?"

"Haven't done much with my life. I managed to graduate high school at 16 then worked here on the Driscoll property until they passed away. Ended up inheriting the land and have worked it since then." He shrugged his shoulders as if there was nothing much to be said.

"That's a big responsibility. You've done a beautiful job keeping the place up." She laid her hand against his to show the sincerity behind her words.

"Thank you. Not many people believe rural living is hard work."

"Without a doubt it is. I hardly want to get up and drive to work let alone get up and work 30 plus acres with all kind of animals." The words, although egging him on, were true. The city had her heart but she always admired how dedicated people were when they tended their own land. It was a feat she could never see herself accomplishing.

"You're sweet as sugar." He leaned forward to meet her halfway for a kiss. Happily, she leaned forward to place her lips to his.

In reality, this was a one night entanglement before she headed back to the city but a deep part of her felt like a house wife enjoying her time with her country husband.

"Not too much or you'll get a toothache." Leaning back, she whispered the slick words against his lips as he attempted to follow her away.

"A consequence I'm willing to accept."
——