Part Nineteen.

To: My Babyyy 😍

Buy one of our new home kits 🙌🔥

To: My Daddy 🥺

No.

To: My Babyyy 😍

🥺 they're so pretty thoooo please xx 🥺

To: My Daddy 🥺

No.

To: My Babyyy 😍

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😭😭😭😭😭

To: My Daddy 🥺

N. O.

To: My Babyyy 😍

fine. 😔💔

To: My Babyyy 😍

....

To: My Daddy 🥺

So are we going to ignore what happened? 🤔

To: My Babyyy 😍

😳 What happened????

To: My Daddy 🥺

Right. Cool. 👌

To: My Babyyy 😍

????

To: My Babyyy 😍

I'm confused.. 😅

To: My Babyyy 😍

Leo?

To: My Babyyy 😍

😕 what did I do??? ☹️

To: My Babyyy 😍

😞

*****
Leo stared down at his phone, watching as message after message popped up. He was tempted to reply, like really tempted. His mind practically screaming at him to just be the bigger person and reply. Confront Cristiano about the other night, but he didn't. Couldn't.

The phone went dim, no more notifications coming in. Meaning Cristiano stopped sending messages, he sat there for another couple of minutes, just staring at the phone in silence. As if he was waiting for something... or someone.

He was about to give up and leave, but like some stroke of fate or whatever, his phone lit up. Not a text message this time, not even a FaceTime call, just a call. Cristiano was calling him. His heart began to beat faster and he briefly considered ignoring that too, but he squashed that thought quickly and grabbed his phone. He answered it and put it up to his ear immediately.

"Hello?" He asked, his voice quiet and soft.

"I'm sorry Leo," Cristiano sighed, Leo imagined he was running a stressed hand through his hair. "About the other night, I mean. I should have at least texted you back or something but I... I panicked and I... someone messaged me and it-it really stressed me out."

"You should have told me," Leo frowned, feeling a little guilty, "I would have understood."

"I know baby, I'm so sorry." At that, Leo felt his face warm up fast, something akin to butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

"I forgive you, just don't do it again." Leo tried to sound stern but he was already smiling. Jeez, he was 33 years old, it was honestly ridiculous he feeling like some teenage girl with a stupid crush.

"I won't, I promise." Cristiano chuckled a little into the phone, the noise making Leo smile more. He asked Cris about his day and before he knew it, he was on his back in bed chatting away. Completely happy, they talked about everything from football, to movies, to their children, everything and anything. Soon enough though, the topics ran out and they stayed on the line, just mumbling useless ramblings to each other.

"Come see me," Cristiano hummed. His tone not hopeful, as if he already knew the answer. Leo sighed and shook his head, like Cris could see him.

"I can't," Leo muttered softly, barely heard on the other side.

"I know," Cris spoke just as quiet. "I miss you."

"Me too." Leo whispered, his heart feeling a little broken.

"I have to go, the little ones are hungry." Cristiano huffed out a laugh, Leo smiled and cleared his throat. Wiping away the few tears that fell.

"Okay, message me later?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Cris before you hang up, I..." Leo wanted to say it, but as he heard Cristiano's breathing on the other side he couldn't do it. Chickening out again....

"Leo?" Cristiano sounded unsure, like he knew what Leo was going to say. Leo curled up and tried to will himself to just say it. Say the words. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"I-I..." He couldn't do it. "Bye."

Before Cris could reply, he hung up. His heart pounding, and his hands shaky. He couldn't do it. Internally he was fighting with himself, beating himself up. He was too busy stressing, he didn't see his phone light up with a new text message.

*****

To: My Babyyy 😍

You dont have to say it xx I know. ❤️