Part Twenty Seven.

// Trigger warning: Sexual Assault flashback \\

*****

"You kissed him?" Leo was trying to reign in his anger, he really was but it was hard. The jealousy that he was feeling didn't make it any easier. "You invited me to what? Mock me for being-"

"Leo, please let me finish," Cristiano pleaded, his eyes wet with tears. Leo huffed, angrily stomping towards the door. He was insecure, always was and Cristiano knew this. Yet he still went out and did this.

"This was a mistake," Leo's hands were shaking as he pulled on his jacket. Cristiano ran over and grabbed his hands, Leo tried to pull away but he couldn't. "Cris-"

"Let me explain," Cris begged. "Please just let me explain, it's not what you think."

"How could it not be what I think?" Leo glared, trying to yank his hands free but to no avail.

"I was hurt!"

"So was I!" Leo shouted, his heart was pounding so fast, he felt sick.

"I..." Cristiano looked down, tears sliding down his face. "I thought I'd lost you, for good-"

"You did." Leo couldn't resist it, it was petty and it looked like it visibly hurt Cris who hung his head more. His hands never letting go of Leo's though.

"You didn't hear me Leo, when you called me on the phone and ripped my heart out."

"What are you-"

"I told you I loved you." Cristiano sniffled and shook his head, Leo felt sick. He felt like he was going to throw up, not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing. "But you.. you didn't hear me, you wouldn't unblock me either. You wouldn't read my DM's, you shut me out."

Leo wanted to say something in his own defense, wanted to fight back, but he couldn't. His mind blank, the only thing he could focus on was the fact that Cristiano just admitted to loving him.

"I was vulnerable and I-I didn't know what to do, so I went to the one person who I knew would listen to me..."

"James," Leo mumbled and Cristiano nodded slowly.

"He.. He offered to comfort me and I-I went. I didn't mean to do anything and at first he didn't either, but then he.. he walked up to me after I told him about what happened, the calls I tried to make and the countless texts. Then he told me he'd never do that to me, then he kissed me."

"You said you kissed him..." Leo frowned and Cristiano chuckled, it sounded sad and he sniffled afterword.

"Does it matter who kissed who? It happened and-... I tried to pull away, I couldn't stop thinking about you, but he wouldn't... he didn't move and he kept telling me to just ignore you-"

"Cris why are you-"

"I was weak. I was hurt. I didn't have the strength or motivation to fight him off, so I didn't stop him." Cristiano whispered, he dropped Leo's hands and turned away, Leo knew he could leave but he didn't want to, something inside screaming at him to let Cristiano finish. "He kept kissing me and... He pushed down on the bed and I-I sort of... Ignored everything to the point that I-I barely remember anything that happened. I was too lost in my head thinking of you."