Part Twenty Four.

He stared out the window, he didn't feel any better, in fact he kind of felt worse. Cristiano was still trying to reach out to him, in any way he could, Leo knew this. He was receiving DM's from both Twitter and Instagram. He ignored them though, not opening either of the apps. He knew if he was serious about this, he needed to block Cristiano on those as well... But even the thought of it sounded impossible, he barely had the courage to block Cris' number.

Frowning, he took a sip of his tea, hoping to feel a little warmth on the inside, but it barely did anything. That just seemed to be the new normal now, all flavor had been lost in food and drinks, all the bright colors he loved before now looked bland. It was as if all the sunlight, fun, and goodness was replaced with... nothing. Emptiness.

He barely found joy in the little things anymore, he loved his kids, of course he did and he'd never stop but as soon as they left his sight or presence, whenever he wasn't around them... His life would go back to being dull. Nothing to look forward to, no messages to retreat back into, no secret exchanges that got his blood going. Nothing. The phone had no purpose it seemed, he didn't bother calling or texting anyone, if they messaged him he'd reply but he wouldn't actively seek out anyone. It was all boring, it all meant nothing to him.

*****

Cristiano gave up, his heart was already destroyed, shattered into a million tiny pieces. Leo did this to him, Cris had to give him props though, at least he knew how to break hearts. Surprising. They call Cristiano the heartless one, yeah, right. Okay.

*****

To: Cristiano

So he broke your heart.

To: J

What do you know😤

To: Cristiano

I know you well enough to know that you're being a sad loner right now. Probably sulking in the gym, trying to sweat out your emotions.

To: J

whatever 🙄🙄

To: Cristiano

I'm in town... Did you want to meet up?

To: J

😒 seriously??? Your gonna use my heartache to try to sleep with me?

To: Cristiano

Never said that 🙄 What if I just wanted to comfort an old friend.

To: J

🤣 Ha! Right. As if thats all I am to you 😒

To: Cristiano

Maybe not... Regardless, if you change your mind... I'm at our hotel. 👌

To: J

Not gonna change my mind

To: Cristiano

You say that now. Either way, I'm here if you need me x ❤️

To: J

...right.

To: Cristiano

Yup.

To: J

... When you said our hotel did you mean... our hotel... the one that.. yknow

To: Cristiano

Yes.

To: J

... No funny business right?

To: Cristiano

None... Unless you like I said, change your mind.

To: J

😤🙄... Im not going to...

To: Cristiano

Fine. 🙂

To: J

Fine.

*****

The ex's weren't just going to go away, not that easily. :D ANYWHO, what do you think? Was Leo overreacting? Or was he justified? Stay tuned for more drama, we all know I love drama at this point, and angst and heartache... :')

I've just realized idk how long this series is gonna be.. (O.O') Or for how much longer I can keep it going without getting repetitive.