An Agonizing Pain

(A/N: You all are gonna hate me for this)

"Where is father?" Damien asked a hint of worry in his tone. Pip looked up from his book and directed his eyes to the grandfather clock. It was 7:30 pm and this was uncharacteristically late for him. He always came home at 6. Pip's expression morphed into one of concern. He was growing worried as well. "Maybe he's running late?" Damien shook his head. "Never this late."

There was a tense silence.

"I'm going to look for him."
"Damien it's dangerous! They're saying a powerful demon escaped-"
Pip cut himself off. "...You don't think?"

Damien got up, Pip tried to get up as well.
"No, you stay here." Damien said as he put his hand on Pip's shoulder.
"But-" Damien gave him a stern look that practically paralyzed him.
"Stay. Here." And with that Pip watched him leave.

...

"FATHER?!" Damien looked around. He looked at Starks Pond, the woods and everywhere where Satan usually was.
"FATHER!"
He walked into the Main Street.
"FA-", he stopped dead in his tracks as something big and red came into his vision.
"Dad?..."

The sudden realization hit him like a ton of bricks. All the air from his lungs vanished as he stared wide-eyed at what used to be his father. He ran and collapsed down onto his knees next to his father's side, blood soaking into his pants.

"D-Dad? D-Dad th-th-this I-I-I-isn't funny."
He shook him, blood soaking his hands.
"D-d-dad g-get up." His voice trembled as he shook him harder.

His eyes burned as the urge to cry overwhelmed him.
He looked at the horn in his chest as he clenched his fist, knuckles turning white.
His eyes stung as a few stray tears escaped his eyes.

"Da-daddy you can't- you can't leave me alone..."
He whimpered out as his whole body shook.
He shut his eyes tightly as he gripped at his chest. Everything hurt. He couldn't breathe.
Tear drops hit the ground mixing in with the blood of his deceased father. His breaths were raspy and chocked.

He threw his head back and screamed. He screamed in agony. So loud the ground practically shook. His vocal chords strained on the verge of tearing apart completely. He didn't stop no matter how much it hurt, no matter how much it burned. His hands shot up as he clawed at his throat. He screamed and cried for what would have been hours.

Hands covered his as something embraced him from behind. An almost angelic presence stopping his screaming at clawing for a moment.
"That's enough." Pip said softly.
He tried scratching at his neck again, but his hands were firmly held in place. He tried to scream, but nothing came out.
"Shhh... You've strained your vocals too much."
Pip said softly, gently holding Damien's head, directing his eyes away from his father's lifeless corpse. Damien tried to look back his mouth still open, screaming silent screams.
Pip held him firmly in place with surprising strength, stroking his hair.
"Shhhh... I know it hurts. The pain is agony. I know." Pip softly soothed, embracing Damien like a life line. Pip was in pain too. He had thought of Satan as a father figure of sorts. He was hurting so badly, but he couldn't let that show now. He had to be strong for Damien.

Pip felt Damien shake in his arms. Damien clutched Pip's shirt as he sobbed into his chest. Pip could feel his shirt become soaked, he stayed put, resting his head on Damien's.
It pained him to see Damien like this. The sight was pitiful, like a baby animal who lost its mother. Pip knew that feeling all too well. He wouldn't wish the pain on anyone, not even the most evil people in the world. The pain is enough to wish for death.

"Come on let's go back. I'll make you something. What about spicy curry?"
Damien looked at Pip, his eyes red, having run out of tears to shed, staring into his glassy orbs desperately holding back tears. He pointed at his eyes. Pip didn't need to hear him speak to understand what he asked. Pip smiled sadly.

"I'm crying too..."