14

third person.

"JUNKYU! WE'RE GOING HOME!"

ahreum was the first one to break the eye contact before junkyu also did and looked at mashiho and jaehyuk who were standing near the door.

"what took you so long?" mashiho asked junkyu.

"huh? um nothing. we're going home, right?" junkyu changed the topic.

mashiho nodded. "ah yes! let's go. bye ahreum!" mashiho smiled at ahreum. she nodded and waved her hand. "bye."

junkyu looked at ahreum for the last time and mouthed a small "bye" in which she returned. jaehyuk looked at his friend before looking at her sister.

"ahreum, i'll just send them outside." jaehyuk told his sister. "go back to your room." ahreum nodded and stood up.

ahreum was lying on her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, thoughts full of ehem junkyu ehem.

jaehyuk who just finished taking a shower went to her room. "hey lil sis." jaehyuk said as ahreum sat up.

"hey." she greeted back. jaehyuk also sat on her bed. "i saw what happened at the greenhouse." he told her.

"i never really saw you that happy. are you really that happy to talk to him?" jaehyuk asked.

a picture of junkyu smiling flashed into ahreum's mind which made her smile. "when i talk to him, i feel like i'm also outside hyuk." jaehyuk stared at his sister.

ahreum looked at him. he smiled. "i'm happy that he makes you happy. you know it's really okay for me if you and junkyu would end up together, right?" he said and tucked strands of her hair on her right ear.

"but ahreum considering your current situation-"

"i know, hyuk." ahreum smiled at her brother. jaehyuk released a heavy sigh and looked at her with sorry eyes. "i'm so sorry, ahreum."

"it's fine, hyuk. it's not your fault i was born with this kind of sickness. i just got lucky, i guess." she let out a sad laugh. jaehyuk brought his sister to his arms and said "i like junkyu hyung for you."

ahreum laughed as she rested on jaehyuk's chest. "but he does not like me back, hyuk."

jaehyuk could only roll his eyes. how could ahreum not see it when junkyu was really transparent about what he felt towards her?

"i love you." jaehyuk told her. ahreum hugged her brother back. "i love you too, jaehyuk."

ahreum was happy that jaehyuk was her older brother. she was happy that even though she got unlucky with her current condition she still had few people who loved her truly and sincerely.

"jaehyuk, can i talk to you for a second?" they heard their father knocking on ahreum's room.

jaehyuk lets his sister go before ruffling her hair and stood up. "i'll be right back." jaehyuk said as ahreum nodded.

ahreum's phone lit up and saw a message from junkyu.

junkyu:
hello hello hello!

\ ( ^ o ^ ) /

good evening,
ahreuuuummm!!

ahreum:
hello kyu!

junkyu:
how was the first time
you saw a good glance
of me?

don't i look really hand-
some? 😌🤟

ahreum scoffed and rolled her eyes playfully before laughing.

ahreum:
um sure.

whatever floats your
boat 🤷‍♀️

junkyu:
but i am handsome
hngggggg :<<

ahreum:
haha okay okay.

whatever you say.

junkyu:
and you were prettier
up close too \ ( ^ 3 ^ ) /

ahreum:
lmao no?

junkyu:
but you areeeeee!!!

"what do you mean she only have three months to live?!" ahreum heard jaehyuk scream which made her stop.

junkyu:
ahreeuuummm?

heeeeyyy?

hellooooooo?

are you thereeee?

ahreum:
kyu, i'll be right back.

junkyu:
okay! ^^

ahreum put her phone down and went out of her room. she silently made her way downstairs and hid behind the wall near her father's office where jaehyuk and their dad were talking.

"no, no, no, she's not dying!" she heard jaehyuk said.

"you know that her immune system is slowly weakening, son. she's dying, jaehyuk." ahreum felt her heart drop as she eavesdropped.

"b-but i don't want to lose her just yet." jaehyuk broke down into tears as ahreum did the same thing. their father went to comfort his crying son as ahreum went back to her room. locking the door before sitting on the ground while hugging her knees.

☹️☹️☹️