16

ahreum.

junkyu:
stop crying.

junkyu:
please

my forehead creased upon seeing the message junkyu sent me. how did he know i was crying? i wiped my tears as i looked left only to see my curtains opened. he must've seen that.

my phone suddenly rang as i looked at the caller id. junkyu.

i was debating whether i should answer it or not then i looked at him who was staring at me outside my window, and he looks worried?

i sighed as i answered the call.

[ahreum!] i heard him sigh in relief on the other line.

"hey." i mumbled silently.

[are you okay?] he asked worriedly. i bit my lip as i looked at him again before sighing.

"i'm fine." i told him but he doesn't look convinced.

[you were crying awhile ago. you're obviously not fine.]

"it was nothing kyu." i tried to reassure him because i didn't want to talk about and it seems like he got the message.

[okay, i won't force you to tell me. but i hope you'd feel better.]

i mumbled a small thank you before it became an awkward silence.

[hey! why don't you put your thumb and pointing finger near the corners of your lips?] he stated breaking the ice.

i raised my eyebrow. "my right hand is not free. i'm using my phone?"

[your other free hand! come on, try putting it.] i was wondering what he was up to but i followed him and put my thumb and pointing finger at the corners of my lips before looking at him.

"like this?" i asked as i saw him nod.

[now try raising them up a bit.] i followed him absentmindedly before realizing what he was trying to do.

[there you go. now you're smiling!] he beamed making me laugh a little at his childish demeanor. he stayed quiet on the other line.

"junkyu?"

[you're the prettiest when you smile.] he told me as i looked to his direction and saw him, giving me a warm smile which i returned. it was the first time i ever felt all fuzzy and warm towards another person... he makes me feel alive at some point.

[so don't lose it. anyway why weren't you talking to me the other day?] he pouted making me chuckle again.

but why did you only have to come now?

... when i'm already dying.

––
THIS FIC IS GETTING CRINGIER
AND CRINGIER SHOULD I JUST
UNPUBLISH THIS? YES? NO?

STREAM BOY!