Chapter 5: Family Reunions

May 2012

The 5 of us saw lightning outside and the Jet shook violently. As I recomposed myself in my seat, I noticed how Loki's face fell... like a lot. And I knew that it could only mean one thing, Thor. "Where's this coming from?" Doesn't Aunt Nat remember the other New Mexico incident? Thunder continued to rumble, and Loki stared intently out the window.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" If only he knew what was about to happen.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." Neither am I, Thor's voice is just so loud and he's so formal and he never understands anything. Then, something- Not something, a King lands on the top of the jet. Stark puts his mask on, Steve grabs his shield, and I grab Loki's arm. Once Tony's mask was secure, he walked over to the control panel and lowered the ramp.

"What are you doing?" Steve yelled, clearly exasperated. But, Tony didn't have time to answer because he was knocked backwards and into Steve. Afte Thor cleared his path, he walked over to wear Loki and I were sitting and grabbed my Uncle by the throat then proceeded to fly out with me still holding onto Loki's hand. Thor flew us down to a cliff somewhere in Europe and before he threw Loki into the dirt, I let go and landed gracefully on my feet.

"Where is the Tesseract?"

Loki laughed, "I missed you too."

"Do I look to be in a gaming mood?" Why in the hell does he always have to yell?

"Oh, you should thank me. With the Bifrost gone how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here? Your precious Earth."

Thor dropped Mjolnir, his hammer, and picked up Loki. "I thought you dead."His voice finally lowered, giving my head a chance to stop throbbing as I sat on a rock.

"Did you mourn?" Gee, I guess all family reunions are depressing.

"We all did. Our father-"

"Your father. He did tell you my true parentage, did he not?" Thor let go of Loki, who walked away from Thor, causing an even bigger wedge between them.

"We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?"

"I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I who was and should be king!"

"So you take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights. No, the Earth is under my protection, Loki."

Loki laughed once again, "And you're doing a marvelous job with that. The humans slaughter each other in droves, while you idly threat. I mean to rule them. And why should I not?" He's not wrong, we certainly are good at that.

"You think yourself above them."

"Well, yes."

"Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. The throne would suit you ill."

Angrily, Loki shoves his brother to the side. He walks back up to the ledge and turns around, "I've seen worlds you've never known about! I have grown, Odinson, in my exile! I have seen the true power of the Tesseract, and when I wield it..."

"Who showed you this power? Who controls the would be king?" Thor was back to yelling and out of nowhere one word pops into my head. It's the name Thanos, I don't know who it is or where I received this knowledge but somehow I know that that is who controls Loki.

"I am a King!" Honestly, I wish someone would just give Loki the love and attention he needs. He is very clearly just a hurt man with a lost soul.

"Not here! You give up the Tesseract! You give up this poisonous dream! You come home." He started off yelling, but by then end of it he was whispering. I think that he was sincere, but then again men are always so manipulative.

"I don't have it. You need the cube to bring me home, but I've sent it off I know not where."

Mjölnir flies back to Thor's grasp, "You listen well, brother-" Before he could finish, Iron Man flew down and pushed the two of them off the cliff.

"I'm listening." I laughed and Loki walked over and sat by me as we watched the pair argue.

Stark lifted his helmet and Thor went back to yelling, "Don't touch me again!"

"Then don't take my stuff." Oh my god, he is such a child.

"You have no idea what you're dealing with!" He probably doesn't, he's not really one to believe in legends.

"Mmm, Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" He stuck his arm out all dramatically and spoke in an accent, and I couldn't contain my laughter.

"This is beyond you metal man! Loki will face Asgardian justice!"

"He gives up the cube, he's all yours. Until then stay out of my way." Tony's face plate clamped down and he began to walk away while he muttered something unintelligible. But before he could get very far, in one quick move Thor threw Mjolnir and knocked Tony clear into a tree.

"Okay."

From the mountain side, we watch in amusement. Thor raises his hand. Mjölnir flies back to his hand. Thor swings the hammer, summoning a ray of energy and shoots it at Stark. Iron Man stands up and from his hand boosters, a blast of energy knocks Point Break on his ass. Tony then flies back up and knocks Thor into a tree. Thor, kneeling on the ground, pulls Mjölnir to his hand, raises it to the skies and pulls in lightning. Thor points the hammer at Iron Man and the outpouring of bolts lighting increases in intensity. Stark falls back. Tony fires, pushing Thor to his knees. Like two gunslingers ready to draw, both Thor and Iron Man fly towards each other and meet in the middle and ascend up. The two continue to battle. Stark grasps Thor, elbowing him and smashing him into the side of a mountain. Thor leaps off the mountain and takes Tony with him. Thor and Iron Man crash right back down, smashing down every tree possible. Stark yanks Thor right up. Thor grabs both hand boosters and begins to crush them. Tony quickly charges as much energy as he can and shoots plasma rays in Thor's face. Thor falls back, losing his stance. Stark headbutts Thor, with his gold-titanium alloy helmet. Thor headbutts him with his fuckin' head and actually sends Tony across the forest. Iron Man boosts up and flies back at Thor, grabbing him by the arm and cape and swings him into another tree.

Thor looks up, ready. Thor runs with all his patience out the window. Stark swings and misses, giving Thor the momentum to grab him, lift him and smash him down hard. Thor summons back Mjölnir to his hand. Just as he's about to put the hammer down, Tony uses his hand boosters to skid across the ground and trip Thor over. Standing up, Thor looks for him, but from behind him, Iron Man crashes onto his back. Thor stands facing Stark. They're both ready to pounce but before they can the Captain's shield ricochets off both Thor and Tony, stopping them. They look up and see Captain America standing on top of a fallen tree with the shield back in hand.

"Hey, that's enough!" He jumped down from the fallen tree, "Now I don't know what you plan on doing here-"

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes!"

"Then prove it! Put the hammer down."

"Uhm, yeah, no! Bad call! He loves his hammer!" Thor then backhanded Stark. And because apparently he has lost all tolerance of sentential liberty, he raised his hammer.

"You want me to put the hammer down?"

Thor leapt high into the air and raised his hammer even higher, gripping it with both hands. Steve crouches down and holds up his shield in front of him, I use my powers to cast one around Loki and I, and Thor and Iron Man are left defenseless. Thor brings his hammer down onto the shield and a massive implosion of light and energy react emit from the vibranium shield creating a humongous shockwave that knocked over anything within 70 yards. Tony stood up, looking around like 'holy shit', lying right next to him is Cap who never takes his eye off Thor. Thor watches both men and all five of us are silent. "Are we done here?" Steve asked, clearly even more mad than when he first woke up.

I flew Loki and I down to where the other 3 were and as soon as Natasha thought it was safe, she landed.