Chapter 9: The Rest Of The Final Battle

May 2012

As thousands more come flying out of the portal, the seven of us group together. While everyone reloaded their weapons and stared at the sky in disbelief, I threw mine away and tapped into my bracelets. A suit, like Tony's but not nearly as bulky and in better colors, quickly began to cover my body and provided me with the energy needed to finish the fight with my powers. As we finished getting ready for our next round, Stark broke us out of our trance, "Call it, Cap."

We all turned around to face each other and receive our orders, "All right, listen up. Until we can close the portal up there, we're gonna use containment." We were all listening to him speak, but were still staring at the sky as aliens continued to fly out. "Barton I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call patterns and strays." My dad and I both looked at Steve with a face that clearly asked for clarification, but we never got it so we silently agreed that my dad would go, "Stark you got the perimeter, anything gets more than 3 blocks out you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

My bio-dad walked over to my dad-dad and grabbed him by the collar, "You better clench up, Legolas."

The pair then flew off while Steve continued to hand out orders, he turned to Thor next. "Thor, you gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow 'em down. You got the lightning, light the bastards up." As Thor leapt into the air, I failed to stifle a giggle at Steve and my Aunt rolled her eyes at me before telling me to shut up. "Isabella help get civilians out of the way and if you meet any Chitauri along the way get rid of them." I nodded my head and ran off, not bothering to listen to the rest of his orders.

I definitely met Chitauri while helping people, more than I should've been able to take down. I fell into another pattern, while I was fighting it was the same as earlier but when moving people I would carry some while others I had follow until we got to a safe spot. It wasn't until I heard someone yelling actually yelling intelligible words that I actually looked at the person I was helping.

As soon as I heard the voice, I ran to where it was but it took me a minute to actually help. What I saw really surprised me. As soon as I got to where the voice was, I saw a boy. He was probably about my age, but he was skinny and had glasses. Despite his size and obviously bad eyesight, he was holding one of the spears that belonged to a fallen Chitauri and was threatening another.

"Go away. Leave! You don't belong here. If you don't go right now, I'll kill you!" The boy's voice was shaking, but I could tell that he wanted to help. And unfortunately despite his threats, the alien slowly advanced on the boy and that was when I decided to step in.

The 'bad guy' continued to advance and the guy was backed up into a car, trapped in. I did the first thing I thought of, as fast as I could. I formed a dagger out of ice and lit it on fire (which I know shouldn't be possible, but it just worked). Using my third power, I launched it at the warrior right as it was about to take his strike and it immediately dropped to the ground. I ran over to the boy, who was now sitting on the ground, and removed my helmet, "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Stupid, but fine. Thank you, by the way. I shouldn't have tried that."

I know that i don't know him, but I knew the feeling of feeling useless and doing something stupid to try and help so i comforted him the best I could. "No, it wasn't stupid. It was incredibly brave. I get it, you wanted to help. And maybe someday you will, but that day is not today."

"Thanks, but I doubt it. I'm not like you, I don't have powers."

"What's your name?"

"Peter. Parker." He stumbled over his words, but I didn't want to poke around his head to know why so I just left it and continued to try and make him feel better.

"Well, Peter Parker. You don't have to have powers to help. I know plenty of people who do good and fight evil that don't have powers. So, maybe when you're older you can help too. Now, I gotta go but I want you to run over to that building, and stay there until I come get you. Okay?"

Peter nodded his head and I began to run off but his next sentence stopped me dead in my tracks. "Who are you?"

I looked over my shoulder and smiled, "Vibranium Rebel, but you can call me Isabella." I retracted my helmet and ran off again, knowing my dad would kill me later for telling some stranger my name.

As I continued my pattern again, I heard something over the comms that was actually something of importance. And it was good news from my Aunt, "I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down!"

My breath hitched, this was good but I knew that whenever there was good news there was bad. Although, I don't think anyone else got this conclusion too.

Steve was the first one to respond, "Do it!"

"No wait!" I looked into Tony's head and saw his reasoning... And his plan.

"Stark, these things are still coming."

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it." As soon as he finished, everyone else realised his plan while I formed my own.

I watched as Stark grabbed onto the middle of the missile and wrenched it off course. As he began to fly straight up, I followed less than a foot behind him, getting next to him quickly. But, even faster I hacked into his suit from mine. "That's a one way trip Stark." He glanced at me, but continued his conversation with J.A.R.V.I.S. "Pepper needs you, keep my family safe."

"Wha-" Before he could finish his sentence, I shut down his suit and took the missile from him. I continued on his path, straight up towards the portal. I knew what I was doing, but the world needed the other six more than me.

Seconds after Tony fell, I got inside of the portal to space and gave the rocket one last shove towards its new target. I caught a glimpse of the fire as it blended with the blue sky that was always filled with stars, but my look didn't last long because everything went black.