Chapter 6-First Dream

Mary POV

I feel like I'm falling through a black hole. I know I'm screaming, but I can't hear myself scream. I fight gravity by flaying my arms around, but nothing is happening. I finally fall, and my body hits the ground. I groan in pain and pick myself up. I landed in a place where there were lights. Bright lights. I walk towards those lights, and I can see Christmas lights. There's snow falling on the ground, and I can hear children laughing. I am welcomed by a gate with two Candy canes on each side and a face on the portal. The front had fangs for teeth. 

While the place looked a little scary, it also felt comforting

While the place looked a little scary, it also felt comforting. I could hear the lights buzzing and the children's faint laughter. Even though it snows in Sugarcomb, the snow always looks dirty. The snow that is falling and that's on the ground is pure white snow. I grab a little and play with it. What was this place? My thoughts are interrupted when I see the gates opening. I can see that a man is walking towards me. He had slick black hair, a dark tailcoat with a red tie, a white shirt, and black gloves, and his eyes were piercing. As if he was looking into your soul.

He was very handsome as if he were looking into your soul

He was very handsome as if he were looking into your soul. I felt frightened, and I wanted to leave, but I was stuck. As I was plotting my escape, I could hear the gates closing, and the man called to me.

"Mary Victoria Davis. How did you enter Christmasland?"

I look at him with startled eyes, and my breath is shaky. I try to walk backward, but I fall into the snow. My heart is racing with anticipation. I don't know this man's intentions, and I have no method to defend myself. The man walked over to me. His eyes are still looking at me. I felt helpless and stuck as he hovered over me. He extended his hand to me to pick me up from the ground. Every instinct in my body tells me not to, but I do. As I stand up on my feet, I stare at this mysterious man. His eyes are dark. He was tall and, like I said, handsome. 

"How did you enter Christmasland?" He asked.

"How did you know my name?" I asked him. 

He smiles at me and says nothing. His hands are on my shoulders, and I'm trying to escape his grasp. I start to gasp and whimper as his grip becomes tighter. 

"Let me go! Please, let me go!" I yell. 

He laughs maniacally as I try to break away. The man brings me close to his chest and says to me.

"Mary Victoria Davis, you've been alone for the longest time. Let me make you whole again. You belong here with me." 

His words sank into my heart and soul. He was right, and I heard that exact phrase when I was alone at the stoplight coming home. 

"You know it's true, my darling. You belong here with the children and me. I can give you what you long and want. I can give you love. True and pure love."

His words were hypnotic and comforting. 

"Who are you, and what do you want?" I ask.

The man smiles and says,

"Charles T. Manx and I want to save you."

I am about to respond to him when I feel myself vacuumed towards the sky. I can feel myself flying through the air and back to the dark abyss I was going through. I know I was screaming, but I couldn't hear myself scream. As I was about to go through the black hole, I came in and heard Charles's voice. 

"I'll find you soon. Think of me, won't you?"

I then feel my body fall and hit the hard floor of my bedroom. The alarm is ringing loudly.