First Date

(Zak/Skeppy's P.O.V)

          I start a vlog. "Hey guys it is currently 5 p.m, August twenty-first! I am on my way to see BadBoyHalo, I packed everything and can't wait to see him again! This trip will be 7 hours, so yeah!" I Turn off the camera and prepare my back seat with a towel and some "dog cushion things" I put his food and water bowl, both empty on the floor of my car. I whistle and make the kissy noise, "Rocco the rocket dog!" I think again as he speeds toward me tail wagging too fast to be seen, paws pounding the pavement with the satisfying sound of his nails clicking all the way 'til he jumps in the car. His tail was to fast to be seen, not to fast to be felt though "Ow shit" I think as his tail hit my leg. I ignore it and I grab the liquid medicine to make the car easier for him and pour it with water in his bowl. He laps up every drop and lays down I pat him a few times before closing the door.

          "Zak?" I turn quickly, and a bit jumpy, to see the mover I hired. "Yes? What can I do for you?" He hands me his phone and simply asks "Put the address in?" I quickly put in Darryl's address and hand it back "Follow me ok?" He nods and head back to his truck. I get in my car and put the  go-pro on the stand. I turn of my parking break and start driving. I think happily to myself"In just 7 hours you'll meet Darryl AGAIN!!!

          (7 hours later! Sorry for the time skips <3) I pull into the driveway of Darryl at 12 a.m. I turn my car off and yawn. I shoot Darryl a little text to tell him I'm here. A few seconds later out runs Darryl and his dog Rat, who trails him with a little head tilt. He starts barking the second I get out. I go to the back and leash Rocco then let him out. They bark at each other and then sniff, they eventually end up cuddling and sleeping on Darryl's driveway. We both simultaneously go: "AWWWW" I look at him and give him a little hug. He hugs back a little reluctantly(COVID be like). "Good to see you man." He nods "I missed you my little muffin." At the mention of "muffin" my stomach rumbles. We laugh for a good few minutes. 

          We talk for a bit, planning stuff, and a few minutes later we're engulfed in the moving truck's headlights. I grab my wallet and pay him. Me, Darryl, and moving guy get the stuff in Darryl's front room. He was leaving when he looks at us, dead-ass and says "You guys make a cute couple." Then shuts the door. We stand in silence. In a trance I feel my face get heated. My stomach takes us out of the trance telling us I'm still hungry. We snicker, pushing the awkwardness behind us, and walk to the kitchen. When we're in the kitchen I put Rocco's dog bowl next to Rat's and fill his water. I whistle and pat my legs, "Rocco and Rat the Rockets!  Those are great "names" I reassure myself. 

          "Here Skep- I mean Zak." I turn to see Darryl holding two plates, each with buttered toast. I grab a plate, smile and say "Did you run out of pizza?" I giggle remembering the last time I was here, helping him eat the seventy-two thin crust pizza's I sent him(Just pretend this happened o.O). He takes a second, 'cause he's a bit slow, before getting upset and saying: "It all went bad, or the neighbors ate it!" I snicker and he just grunts and mumbles something to himself about something. I go to his front room and sit down. 

          I edit the video while eating. Darryl comes over, after having changed, and helps me edit until I have a 20 minute, relevant to the title, video. I post it to YouTube and yawn. He notices it, and quickly steps in saying: "Let me show you to your room." I grab my bedroom box and follow him. He opens his door motioning to it "This is my room-" he pauses walks a little further then opens it and resumes: "-this is your room-" pauses again walks across the hall and resumes: "-this is the bathroom, you know where the kitchen is, the cups are in the cupboard just left of the fridge." I nod and just reply: "Thanks." He nods and yawns walking off to his room. I go in my room Rocco trailing me. He was a nervous wreck before we moved, it was so cute because he thought I was leaving him( I know it sounds mean, but it's cute, I have a dog, trust me!), he was so happy when he saw me grab his stuff and pack it, and then call for him to get in the car. He whines at me, then at Rat who is waiting outside my doorway, I pet Rat and she then slowly trots in. They go curl up and fall asleep. I close the door and start unpacking my box. I go to the living room and grab a box of clothes. I change into a T-shirt and some Nike shorts. I unpack a hoodie (A Ducky One From SkeppyShop.com) and a few other unimportant ones and some jeans. I put my blanket on the empty mattress. I take out my YouTuber plushies. I go for one more trip to get water. I put it on the nightstand, and lay down, finally asleep.

(Darryl/BadBoyHalo's P.O.V)

          I wake up and yawn. I reach over and turn on my phone to check the time, it's 8:37 a.m. I hear some noises from my living room. I get up and walk out rubbing sleep from my eyes and yawning. I look in there to see Skeppy, no Zak, unpacking. He's mostly done. "Hey Darryl!" Wow, how is he so energetic? "It's pretty early." I say. He winces "Did I wake you? So sorry." I feel bad now. I shake my head no. "Your fine Zak." Still getting used to the feel of saying his real name. He paused his work and looks at me and then proceeds to ask: "Do you have any walking trails nearby? I wanna get to know you better!" He smiles a giant, cute, Skep-Zak, smile. 

          "I do, but we are still really bad here, y'know, with the whole Covid-19." He gives me his thinking face and says: "We have masks don't we?" I nod "Yeah, I guess. We can consider this a first date type thing." He nods "Exactly, and we can record it!" He smiles and unpacks. I go to make breakfast. Everyone thinks I only eat muffins, I prefer waffles though. I make a few and set up the dining room. The dogs run in and start begging. I go to feed them when I see Zak already had done the chores, even the dishes. "Hey Skeppy?" I call. He replies with "It's Zak but yes Darryl?" I smile "Okay, Zak. First: When did you wake up, Second: Why did you do the chores." He's quiet for a few seconds. "First:-" He pauses "- sometime before the sun-rise I'm not sure, and Second: I needed to pre-occupy myself without waking you up and I knew it would be easier to be quiet in the kitchen, farther from your room." I nod and just call back: "Okay, so do you want waffles?" He pops his head in the doorway, drooling, stomach growling just saying: "I thought you'd never ask."

          After Zak eats, like, a whole box of waffles, we wash up and get changed. I put Rat on a her leash with her "chest vest" and Zak does the same. We drive to the park, masks and all, and officially with the start of our first date, we are dating, yay?

|AUTHOR'S NOTES| 

Not including these notes there are exactly 1,320 words!(1,372 words with the author's notes) Enjoy the rest of your night or day <3 Love to all!!!