Live Streamed

(Skeppy/Zak's P.O.V) 

          Me, Darryl, Rat, and Rocco were all walking at Darryl's favorite park. "Hey let's live stream it instead! It'll take less editing, and by that I mean none!" I suggest to Darryl. He nods and replies: "Sure. Why not?" He starts the stream. "Hey guys!" 23 people already joined. In a matter of minutes about 1 million people were watching. So we just talk and laugh and generally enjoy each others company.

          Somebody leaves a $50.00 donation for me to climb the next rock. "What could go wrong, I mean... if it's worth it, then do it!" Darryl looks at me like I'm insane but doesn't say anything. We come to the next rock and I climb up about, 3 feet in the air, on a steep rock. I take a wrong step and slide down with the front of my left leg being scraped all over pretty bad. I fall and look at my leg with the cut from the middle of my thigh to my ankle, and I think I saw bone. I laugh through gritted teeth. I stare at the large cut an remark: "I hope you brought a band-aid." Darryl ends the stream and runs over. He rolls up my mildly bloody pant leg and winces when his finger scraped the cut.

          "Zak are you ok? Does it hurt?" His eyes are worried and watery, mine should be too but the adrenaline keeps the pain away so I'm not as worried. The dogs bark as I shake my head, and try to get up. When I fail Darryl puts my arm around his shoulders, then puts his hand on the arm I'm holding him with, and the other on my hip. At first it's weird and very VERY awkward, but eventually it feels normal because we get in a stepping rhythm and his body is so warm, we fit together like a puzzle, we're not two people, we're one. The dogs trailing close behind.

          We arrive at his car and I feel my first twinge of pain, I am drifting in and out of consciousness due to blood lose. We drop off the dogs, then head to the ER. We pull up to the emergency room where I am rushed in on a stretcher. "He lost a lot of blood." I hear a nurse say. I look at the cut as they continue talking about the wound, and there with dried blood around it and blood still flowing was the problem in all it's glory. They give me a pain numbing, laughing gas type thing. They say I have to go into emergency surgery and before I do I ask: "Can he come in there and watch me please." They look at Darryl and nod wheeling the stretcher in the surgery room with Darryl following. They give me anesthesia and I am immediately knocked out cold.

          I can hear to people. An older woman and... Darryl. I force my eyes to flutter partly open, and see Darryl talking to the doctor. I listen to their conversation and catch part of it staring at them both. "-cut the life support in a month." I hear Darryl reply with a tired, deep, and sad voice. "Please, he can't die! It's only been a few day! Can't you do something?" I move myself to sit up at the words die, I don't manage much but I manage to squeak the bed. They both looked at me in awe and I look back so confused. Out of no where Darryl flies at me hugging me with tears streaming down his face. "I thought I lost you! Don't ever do that again, you're so stupid." I hear him whisper. I reply with my voice so gravelly it's unrecognizable. "I'm guessing that it wasn't worth it, huh?" I smile and hug him back even tighter.

          On the way back to Daryl's house he reminds me of everything that happened. The dare, the fall, the ride, and even tells me about the surgery, which was stitches and a stretchy yet firm cast thing. I fall asleep in the car, I'm tired for no logical reason, and I don't want to wake up. So I don't... Not really anyway. I half wake-up when we get home. Then I wake up and change. I don't remember anything after that.

          I know I said I remember nothing after that but something happened because I woke up in Darryl's bed with my face in his chest, and his face in my hair. I wouldn't get up for a million dollars, because I finally felt comforted, and safe, loved, so we just melted together again.

          I wake up and slowly and carefully get out of Darryl's arms and the bed. I hop in pain to my room to change and try to remember why I was in his bed. I was also trying to figure out why I liked it there on my way to the kitchen and front room. Do I like him? Surely not, I am injured and delirious that's it! Plus this is Just Another YouTube Challenge! I keep myself busy with chores and unpacking. I tried to keep my mind at bay but I still wondered: Do I like him? How long was I out? Does he like me too? I mean if I like him?  I groan and sit on the cold tile floor. I press my face against a smooth cold tile and somehow, I fall asleep again.

          I feel a dog lick my face and smell disgusting dog breath. I sit up and yawn. I stand up on one leg, and go sit on the couch. Not even two minutes later Darryl walks out and sits next to me. "How do you feel?" Darryl asks softly. "Ok, or as good as I can I guess-" I pause to point at my leg. "-but I want to know a few things." He nods "Ask away." I start with the basics: How long was I out for, and why was I in your bed?  He says I was out for about a week, and when I ask the seconds and says: "You don't remember?" I shake my head no. "You woke up crying because a nightmare you had where when you cut your leg, instead of helping you I left you to rot. I told you I wouldn't do that but you were still crying, so I suggested you sleep in my room so yeah..." I just nod. So awkward... Darryl breaks first and just leaves calling: "I'd better make breakfast!!!"

|AUTHOR'S NOTES| 

I Might Not Post As Much Sorry! <3 Over 1,000 words! (1,073 without |1,139 with notes and P.O.V| notes or P.O.V) I Have Been Having Doubts And Negative Thoughts 'Bout Myself, I Just Have No More Pieces Left Of My OWN Heart For Self Love, Anyway, Don't Let Me Make You Sad I Still Love Y'all, Stay Safe <3!