11. Christmas Comeback At St. Mungo's.

Finally! Christmas holidays have come. We were getting ready to go to St.Mungo's to bring Payal back, with me almost falling on Eddie because of lack of sleep.

Since St. Mungo's was in a Muggle layout and we were underage except for Dave, Eddie and Nikkie, it was best for our safety and Professor Flitwick's one-hundred-and-twenty-first warning to go out in Muggle attire.

I was fine with my appearance until Megan, our fashion-designer-for-the-moment, insisted on wearing her jacket and eventually forcing me to keep it.

Caren and Megan were as equally as exhausted as I was.

"Thank Heavens, we don't have any classes today!" Megan said sleepily. We both groaned, too lazy to nod.

"After what we got ourselves into, yesterday?" I yawned. "Oh yeah!"

"But you did get my point right?" Caren was finding to keep his neck straight.

"Hmmmmm..." Megan was almost on her open trunk. We woke her up.

Fine, back to the present scene. Me and my brothers were on the couch, Dave was on the chair behind, while Nikkie and Cheryl were primping themselves up.
And Eddie? He was trying hard entertaining the girls.

"This hair looks good on me, doesn't it Dave?" Cheryl chirped, swinging her hair.

Dave didn't look up but simply nodded, expression like he ate a lemon whole. Infact, his expression was like that ever since he told me about meeting her. It seemed like he was going through a rough ride with me at one side and Payal at the other. I got up, pulled another chair and sat beside Dave. I noticed Jahan and Shihad looking at me behind my back. Dave looked at me through his lashes, eyes full with confusion, guilt and desperation and looked down on the table again, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I just don't wanna do this! This is making me go insane!" He said half-frustrated and half-tired.

My heart felt a pang as I saw the once-so-handsome and heartthrob-of-the-House Dave, having dark bags under his eyes due to insomnia and stress. Not that he was not used to it. As a Captain, I have seen him take tougher decisions even before I joined as a Seeker, but this time he was suddenly feeling all confused and fed up. I simply looked at him.

"I knew being a Captain was hard, but I never knew it was this strenuous!"

"Don't worry! You're doing great! You've made tougher choices!" I tried to reassure but he shook his head.

"I just couldn't decide between you and Payal. If you're smart, she's experienced. If you're bold, she's skilled. Your brain works the best when in pressure and she is agile. All the qualities we need for a Seeker are shared by both of you! I know, since the World Cup's nearing, I have to make a quick decision. But I just-" He didn't say more and covered his face with his hands.

"Why? What's holding you down?" I asked.

"It's just I don't wanna hurt hurt any of you guys. The thing is- there is no choice which doesn't hurt the other. But if I have to make a decision......"

I didn't know what he wanted to say, but I interrupted. I made my choice.

"Take Payal!"

"What?"

"Usool, no!" I heard my brothers say indignantly.

The girls immediately stop styling and came close to us. Eddie too trotted to our side.

"You heard it! Take Payal instead of me!"

Dave looked at others for their opinion. Their eyes darted towards me and Dave and to each other. Jahan shook his head concerned. Shihad too had his brows knitted.