three

After a while, the scent of cheap beer and tobacco gets annoying. That might not be the right word to describe it, but its true.

Whenever you take a breath in, the aroma leaks in and its something you cannot escape. Maybe a few washes in some Tide will get the scent out of your clothes, but it'll always remain. Maybe the right word is intoxicating, yeah that's it. Toxic yes, but it invites you in. I am pretty used to the smell though.

Sometimes when you walk into a new place, the smell is stronger, maybe a bit more intense. That is what I was experiencing right now. In this bar, this rundown Joe's Bar, the scents were wild and fuming. As I look around me to the boy with the leather jacket, I see he is drinking his choice of beverage. Whiskey maybe? I like his taste, even though I like bourbon. It is disgusting and very strong, but it gets the job done.

He wasn't playing pool like the rest of the men around him were. He was just simply standing there, taking sips of whiskey, enjoying the view around him.

Regardless of the fact that I wasn't wearing my contacts, I could spot those brilliant green eyes.

Beautiful, I must say. They had this dark and mysterious feel to them, and I wanted to know more.

He ran his hand through his locks of unruly brunette hair, and pushed it back against his forehead. I watched him in a great sense of curiosity. I was also wearing all black myself, and wondered if I looked quite odd with my hat on indoors which I completely forgot about, and set it down. I turned away for a split second to look down at my page. When I made my gaze back upwards, I found myself making eye contact with this man once more. He stared at me in such a harsh way, until I found a small smirk creeping on his lips. He quickly changed his expression though, and began to laugh at what one of the guys around him said. I changed my glance and looked at who was around him.

There was a man with extremely dark features. He had these beautiful chestnut eyes, rich black hair, tanned skin, sharp jawline, and incredible cheekbones. He was also covered in an assortment of tattoos, all of them different from each other. What was he doing in a place like this? He could be a model that's for damn sure. He was dressed in all black as well, and so was the other one. He was a blonde, and the only difference was he was wearing a white tee. He had these baby blue green eyes, reminding me of the ocean, and his body was not littered with any tattoos. They were all a sight to see.

I then realized the man with the curly hair was the one who did Elijah's tattoo. I remembered that the tattoo guy called him Styles. Whether that was a first or last name I did not know, but would like to find out.

As I sat there, I decided time was passing and I still had not written a thing. Maybe I needed some extra spark to get some ideas. I decided to go get a drink, and this was a decision I know I would regret after my episode last night. Frankly, I didn't even care.

I made my way over to the bartender, and took a seat.

"Bourbon please." I tapped the wooden bar to get his attention. He gave me a strange look, and poured my drink. I paid him, and took a quick sip.

God, that burn that it gives you as it slides down the back of your throat is intense, even though I am fighting the urge to throw up after last night.

I take in the rush it gives me, and set it back down. I hear a slight chuckle from behind me as someone takes a seat next to me.

I look to my right and my heart freezes in its place. I don't know whether it is a good or bad thing, but I am entirely frozen.

"Jack Daniels." He firmly states and taps his fingertips upon the wooden bar. I sat there and took in his presence now that I could finally see him.

He had extremely curly brown hair, a few curls were a bit more elongated than others, and his hair almost reached his shoulders. He was wearing a black tee, which was tightened the most along his arms and chest. His arms were covered in an assortment of tattoos and I could see what looked like to be birds under his collarbones. He reached over behind him and threw on his leather jacket, which suited him extremely well.

The bartender set his drink down before him and in a matter of seconds it was gone. It looked like the hard liquor had no effect on him. I turned away, and swallowed what was left of my glass.

I heard a slight laugh again, and I turned to see him staring directly at me.

"Bourbon? Weird." He stated with a slight grin. His voice is deep, alluring, and accented. I wonder what he is doing in the state of Colorado.

"Yeah, only thing I'll drink. Is it that surprising?" I question.

He shifts in his seat a bit and looks forward and down at his glass. He shakes his head, "I guess not. It's just a bit odd to see a girl drinking like that. It isn't something I see very often. Mostly shots or some fruity shit." He responded, he tapped his glass seemingly to alert the bartender for another drink.

"I'm not like most you see. I'm not a nice girl." I replied, a slight smile sketched across my face.

"Ah. That's what everyone says." He turns towards me once more and swallows the harsh liquid once more.

His fixes his jacket's position on his arms and stands up. He then ruffles his fingers through his hair, and pushes it up against his forehead. He is incredibly beautiful I must say. You do not see people like that around here. I look over and see the guys who he is with waving him over as they are about to leave.

The one with the dark hair and exotic looks meets eyes with mine and he timidly smiles towards me. I cannot help but smile myself, as they begin to lead themselves out of the bar. As the mysterious man before me begins to leave, I call out to him. I do not think he heard me, so I quickly gather my things and head outside.

"Wait, what's your name?" I pray that didn't come out as weird as it sounded.

He stops in his place, his hands in the pockets of his leather, and turns to face me.

"Harry." He firmly states.

Before I am able to respond, he speaks one finally sentence that makes me wonder who this man really is.

"I'll see you around, Miss Athena Rose."

------

I hope everyone enjoyed! I haven't updated in a few weeks and I feel terrible because it was entirely my fault. I have had this chapter ready to publish but I thought it was too boring, but I decided to put it up anyways so I wouldn't have second thoughts. School has been stressful too, so bear with me. Sorry that this chapter is shorter as well. I hope to update again soon! Please read, and comment or vote if you would like. Also, give me advice if I am doing something wrong. It would mean the world to me :)

There is so many things that I have planned and I can't wait for them to happen...