Chapter 3: Masano Zoo

The other day in the daycare room, you noticed that Kotaro kept looking at the tiger on his shirt for a while. "What's wrong, Kotaro?" You asked, gaining Ryuuichi's attention as he turned to your side. Kotaro didn't reply as you squatted on his left and Ryuuichi kneeled in front of him.

"Kotaro-chan's sad because of what Taka-chan said." Kirin told you two as she stood behind Kotaro.

.

.

.

~Flashback~

Kotaro was reading a book about the animals while Usaida was sleeping.

"Kotaro." Kotaro turned his head to Taka as Taka pointed at the tiger on his shirt. "It's dumb how you're wearing that shirt when you've never seen a real tiger!"

Kirin who was playing with her doll heard all the conversation.

.

.

.

~Back to the present~

"I see." You said with a nod before turning to Taka. "Is that true, Taka-kun?"

"What? I just told the truth!" Taka yelled, making everyone turn to him. "I didn't do nothin' wrong!"

Suddenly Kamitani hit his head as he stared down at him angrily. "Yes, you did."

Taka began to cry loudly as Kamitani forced him to say sorry to Kotaro. "Go on, say you're sorry."

"Hey, it's okay..." Ryuuichi said as he looked down at Kotaro. "You're not too mad, are you, Kotaro?"

Taka turned around with tears in his eyes. "You always do that! You just hate me, Nii-chan!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, Taka-kun. He just wants you to be nice to Kotaro." You told him kindly.

"He doesn't hate you--" Ryuuichi tried to tell as Kamitani cut him off.

"I don't particularly like or hate you." Kamitani said, making you all shocked especially Taka.

"Doesn't like or hate me -> Doesn't like me -> HATE ME!!"

Taka sprinted towards you as he cried at your tummy, his tears soaking your apron. "I hate you, Nii-chan!" You patted his back gently while saying that Kamitani doesn't mean like that.

"Kamitani! What are you thinking?"Ryuuichi said as he was shocked by what Kamitani said.

"I was just being honest with him." He replied, making Ryuuichi stop shaking him. "Little brothers go beyond like or hate."

"I don't think Taka-kun is capable of grasping that nuance..." Ryuuichi mumbled as he was disheartened at Kamitani.

"So what if he doesn't?" Kamitani walked past Ryuuichi as he went to you to grab Taka up. "He's being a brat," Taka was pinching your cheek as he didn't want to let go of you. You yelped in pain before Kamitani hit his head lightly to let you go. "So I'll take him with me for now. See you tomorrow, guys."

"Put me down! You ain't my big brother no more!" Taka kept yelling in Kamitani's arms and he just replied shortly. "Oh, yeah?"

After Taka and Kamitani left, you crawled towards Kotaro slowly. "Kotaro." Kotaro turned his head to you and Ryuuichi. "Do you want to see the real tiger? We can go to the zoo nearby this weekend."