After

Chapter 8- After

Jared

He ran because she told him to, and because he is sorry, incomprehensibly sorry.

Brandon

She stays with Sam until the paramedics arrive. Officer Jacobsen hadn't been fast enough and lost Brandon in a second. 'Good cop my ass.' Braelyn is in a trance, but when they tried to give her a tranq, she fought. Now she just sits in the ambulance with a gray wool blanket around her shoulders, crying silently.

Officer Jacobsen came over to Brandon, "That syringe you gave us, well it was a type of narcotic called Dilaudid or Hydromorphone. It's a pain reliever that can be taken by the mouth or injection."

Brandon just looked at him, "And what is this supposed to do?"

"Oh it's nothing serious, it's just like vicodin, it'll knock someone out, within minutes if laying or sitting." He reassured Brandon.

A paramedic came over and told Officer Jacobsen that they should be ready in a few minutes to take Braelyn back to the hospital and Sam to the morgue.

Braelyn

I feel hollow here, minutes it took for that to happen, minutes and Sam's brilliant existence was wasted. I watched them bring her body, covered discretely in a plastic body bag, and I couldn't think.

How was I supposed to tell her mother? I was alone now, and I couldn't care. Sam's death was my fault. All my fault.

I deserved this pain.

She was dead because of me.

I was sitting in that stupid ambulance with an itchy blanket draped around my shoulders. But I didn't feel the cold.

Jared was gone.

Why did that still burn? Him murdering my best friend should have eradicated any romantic notions I previously had. And yet...

He had been horrified, sorry. I sighed. A paramedic said, "Ms. James, we're gonna take you back to the hospital now."

Kathy

She got the news from the cunt herself.

"Sam's gone Kathy. And it's all my fault." Kathy attacked Braelyn with a mighty roar getting in three good gouges to Braelyn's cheek before the nurse pulled her, kicking and bawling, from the room.

Sam was dead.

Jared killed her.

She broke down against the nurse, great sobs shaking her shoulders. Sam didn't deserve this.

'Sam was always there for me, and how did I repay her,' Kathy thought. By screaming at her and making her cry.

And Sam's mother.

Oh god Sam's mom.

Kathy felt like scum.

Braelyn

My mother listened carefully, and decided I was crazy. At least she didn't scream at me. I feel Sam's silence, it looms in every room. I know Jared isn't done with me, he will come back when he thinks it's appropriate. All I have to do, is wait. For him.

My monster will return to take what is his.

And I'll be waiting.

For my best friend, I'll be waiting.

The End

for now...

**********This is the last chapter of this story! But don't worry, there will be two more storiess to this! As the story progresses you'll get to know more and more of each character! So I hope you liked this! And thank you for choosing my story to read! And feel free to give me some feedback! ~Rose West **********