Chapter 6

This is a continuation of the date in the last chapter, and sorry it's kinda short :(

We wandered around until we walked by a Cold Stone Creamery shop.

"Would you like some ice cream?" Nathan asked, glancing inside to see if it was open, which it was, thankfully.

"Sure!" Nathan held the door open and we both walked inside.

The options were limitless. We both sampled a couple different flavors before deciding. I ended up getting the Cheesecake Fantasy on a cake cone while Nathan got the Banana Caramel Crunch.

Nathan looked down at his hands and bit his lip. "Hey, Hadley. You are a really great girl and I had a good time, but I think it's best if we just stay as friends. I don't really see us going anywhere."

I sent him a small smile. "I was thinking the same thing. You are a great guy, and any girl would be lucky to have you, but I don't think I'm your girl. And yah, I would like it if we could stay friends."

Nathan let out a breath. "I'm glad we're on the same page. Come on, we should probably head back." I nodded and together we finished our walk and headed back.

We looked both ways and then started crossing the road when bright lights suddenly shone on us.

"Look out!" I shouted as a car came zipping around the corner.

Nathan's head snapped up in the direction of the car, but the car was moving too fast for him to be able to get out of the way.

Thankfully, I had quick reflexes because my dad, being a cop, had trained me to protect myself. I twisted to face him shoved him out of the way, just in time. However, I was not so lucky and wasn't able to get out of the way in time. The car slammed straight into my side, the momentum sending me smashing into the windshield, over the car, and slamming down onto the rough road. All I felt was pain. My last thoughts were that I hoped I had pushed Nathan out of the way in time and that he was okay, then I blacked out.