Chapter 8

Hadley's POV

The nurse quickly turned around and was soon standing beside my bed, pulling the blanket off of me. "Just breathe, Hadley. Now, I want you to close your eyes and tell me if you feel anything. I'm going to press on different spots on your legs and you tell me as soon as you feel something. This way we can see if you can feel something or not. Ready? Can you feel my hand? Even a little?" she asked as she pushed both of my feet up at the same time, so the toes were at a 90-degree angle to my ankle.

I bit my lip. "Maybe a tiny bit, but it's very faint if it's there."

"Where do you feel it?"

"On my right foot about halfway between my toes and my ankle," I estimated.

The nurse tapped the spot with her finger. "Right here?" She looked at me for confirmation, which I gave with a nod of my head. Katie glanced at my foot then back to me. "Can you feel anything on the other foot?"

"Yeah. Same spot," I answered, anticipating her next question of where.

"Well, I do have some good news." Katie stood up, looked at me then my parents, who were looking at her with hope filled eyes. "If she's able to feel things in her feet now, there's a good chance she will get full use of her legs back. It will be a long road, but I think she will get there. We will have to do scans and wait for now, though." She smiled.

My parents both let out a breathy laugh and I'm pretty sure my mom was tearing up, but that could've just been me trying to see through my own watery eyes.

"Alrighty. Let's get you up and go get a scan then we can come back and talk over the results." The nurse helped me out of the bed and into the wheelchair she had pulled up and locked in place to stabilize it.

---Time skip to after MRI---

When I get back to my room after the scans, I feel tired, which is weird because I don't feel like I really did anything. Katie helped me back onto my bed and covered me up with the blankets.

"Alrighty. Here's the call button. If you need anything, just press it. I'll be back to check on you in a couple hours. Try to just relax, okay? Is there anything you need?"

I shook my head. "Not right now. Thank you."

Katie smiled then left, leaving my parents and me alone.

I looked up at them and let out a laugh. "I'm gonna be okay!"

A/N Sorry it's so short, but more updates coming cuz I finished finals!!! My goal is to try to finish this book before spring semester, but not sure if that will happen. Also, do you guys prefer shorter chapters with more frequent updates? Or long chapters but not as frequent?