Chapter 6: The Journey Begins

Third Person POV

Allie was running towards the edge of a cliff, Thorin, Gandalf, Bilbo, and the other dwarves in front of her. She looked over her shoulder to see orcs riding wargs. One of them was The Pale Orc, Azog. He was the king of the orcs.

Something flew through the air and a sting shot through Allie's leg. She screamed out in pain and fell to the ground.

When she looked down, there was an arrow in her leg.

"Help!" she screamed to the company.

Thorin stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Allie!" he shouted, running to her and picking her up.

Allie's vision blurred from tears and all she could see was flames. Fire. Smoke.

Somewhere around her, there was that singing. Thorin's singing. "Far over the Misty Mountains cold. To dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day. To find our long forgotten gold. The pines were roaring on the height, the winds were moaning in the night. The fire was red, it flaming spread. The trees like torches blazed with light."

Allie's POV

I jolted awake and noticed that someone had been shaking my shoulders. There hand was over my mouth, so I must have been screaming.

Calming down, I looked over to see Kili looking worried. "Oh- Kili. Hi." I said awkwardly, taking deep breaths as he took his hand off my mouth. "Are you alright?" he asked. I nodded. "Y-Yeah. Of course. O-Of course I'm alright. Just a nightmare. It's fine."

Kili nodded. "Anyway, we're leaving now. Before the hobbit wakes up. Thorin wanted to get an early start."

"Yeah. Of course. Yeah. Let's go." I climbed out of bed and combed my fingers through my hair before following Kili out.

***Timeskip***

The company and I rode on our horses, not too far out of Hobbiton. I still had hope for Bilbo. There was still a small chance he could show up. I hoped so.

I hadn't told anyone about my dream, but I intended to tell Gandalf as soon as possible. He was magical to. He would understand these things.

"Wait! Wait!" Bilbo's voice shouted from behind us

"Wait! Wait!" Bilbo's voice shouted from behind us. Thorin stopped beside me and I copied him. Everyone turned to see the hobbit running after us, the contract flying through his hand.

"I signed it." Bilbo said, handing the contract to Balin. The old dwarf looked at it and said "Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, Master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

"Give him a pony." Thorin told them.

"No, no, no, no. That...that won't be necessary. Thank you. I'm sure I can keep up on foot. Yeah, I...I've done my fair share of walking holidays, you know? Even got as far as Frog Morton once." Bilbo stuttered.

Suddenly, Fili and Kili each grabbed one of Bilbo's arms and placed him on a pony beside me. "Welcome, Bilbo. Glad you could make it." I said with a smile.

He looked at me and said "Wouldn't miss an adventure."

"Good." I said, turning to look at Thorin. He didn't seem to care, he looked determined though. Like he wanted to kill that dragon with his bare hands.

"One moment, Bilbo." I said, riding up so that I was beside Gandalf.

"Ah, hello Allie. I'm glad our burglar caught up. It would've been a shame, had he missed this great journey."

"What's that about?" Bilbo and I asked at the same time as money was being thrown throughout the dwarves.

"Oh, they took wagers on whether or not Bilbo would turn up. Most of them bet that he wouldn't." Gandalf explained. "And what did you think?" Bilbo asked Gandalf.

"Well..." Suddenly, a bag of money flew into Gandalf's hand. One of the dwarves had thrown it at him. "My dear fellow, I never doubted you for a second." We continued on, Gandalf smiling at Bilbo and I.

"Gandalf...I had a dream last night." I finally spoke.

"A dream?"

"Yes. It was so terrible...it almost seemed real. I've never had dreams like this before. I'm afraid it could be some kind of warning. Or a vision of the future." I said hesitantly.

"What was this dream about?"

I quickly told him the story of my dream, leaving out no details. I even told him about the singing. That was the only part that I didn't think would happen.

"Very curious. Try not to think too much on this dream, Allie. What will happen in the future, we cannot be certain. Even if these were visions of what is to happen, we cannot control what will happen. Do not dwell on dreams. Do not try to change the future. Remember the past, and stay in the present to create the future. Remember that, Allie."

I nodded and looked forward towards the path ahead. Suddenly, Bilbo sneezed behind me. I stopped my horse and waited for him to catch up to me before moving again. "What is it?" I asked him.

"Oh, it's horse hair. Having a reaction." he answered, searching his pockets. "Uh...wait, wait. Stop! Stop! We have to turn around." Bilbo shouted.

"What on earth is the matter?" Gandalf asked.

"I forgot my handkerchief." Bilbo answered. I rolled my eyes and said "Here, use this." I handed him a clean handkerchief out of my pocket. He took it and thanked me.

"Move on!" Thorin shouted from beside me. Gandalf sighed and said "You'll have to manage without pocket handkerchiefs, and a good many other things, Bilbo Baggins, before we reach our journey's end. You were born to the rolling hills and little rivers of the Shire. But home is now behind you. The world is ahead."