Chapter 11: Orc Chase

"Was that a wolf? Are there...are there wolves out there?" Bilbo asked.

"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf." Bofur told him. Suddenly, there was a low growl from behind us and we all turned as a warg emerged from the bushes and lunged for us.

 Suddenly, there was a low growl from behind us and we all turned as a warg emerged from the bushes and lunged for us

I screamed and drew my sword, which I hadn't used in a while. Wargs started appearing from all over and Kili and Thorin managed to kill two of them. Then I realized that there had only been two.

"Warg scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind!" Thorin exclaimed. Pulling his sword out of the warg's body.

"Orc pack?" Bilbo questioned.

"Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf asked Thorin.

"No one."

"Who did you tell?!" Gandalf demanded, louder.

"No one, I swear! What in Durin's name is going on?"

"You are being hunted."

"We have to get out of here." Dwalin said and I nodded in agreement.

"We can't! We have no ponies. They bolted." Ori told us.

"I'll draw them off." Radagast said.

"These are Gundabad wargs. They will outrun you!" Gandalf warned.

Radagast smiled at Gandalf and I and got on his sled: "These are Rhosgobel rabbits. I'd like to see them try."

***Timeskip***

"Come and get me!" Radagast shouted as he was pursued by orcs and wargs across the open plain. The company and I were hiding behind a large rock in the middle of the grassy area.

Gandalf moved out from behind the rock and watched Radagast lead the orcs away. "Come on!" he shouted to us.

We ran out from behind the rock and heard a howl in the distance as we ran across the plains, the orcs too focused on Radagast to notice us.

Suddenly, Thorin, who was leading us stopped. The orcs were right in front of us. "Stay together." Gandalf said.

"Move!" Thorin shouted and we took off running again, weapons in hand.

"Allie, no! Come back!" Thorin yelled, grabbing the back of my shirt and pulling me back as the orcs and Radagast appeared in front of us again.

"All of you, come on, come on! Quick!" Gandalf urged, motioning us to move past him.

I followed the dwarves with Bilbo beside me and heard Thorin ask "Where are you leading us?" But Gandalf did not reply.

We kept running, as fast as we could go, and eventually found a rock and hid behind it. I tried to stifle my heavy breathing as an orc and his warg walked on top of the rock we were on.

Thorin motioned at Kili. Kili nodded and pulled out his bow. He shot the orc's warg and then the orc itself shouted in anger. I screamed as they both fell down next to me, the warg yelling and squirming in pain.

The orc stood up, charging at me with his knife. I blocked his attack and shoved him, knocking the knife out of his hand. Then, I stabbed him through his chest with my sword, killing him instantly.

"Nice job." Bilbo breathed in amazement as I turned around to face him, breathing heaving. I smiled and wiped some sweat off my forehead. "Thanks." I huffed.

"Move! RUN!!!!" Gandalf yelled as all of the orcs started charging at us on their wargs. I noticed Bilbo was just standing and staring at them, so I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, dragging him along with me as I ran.

We stopped running for a moment and spotted the orcs up ahead. "There they are!" Gloin shouted.

"This way! Quickly!" Gandalf said, and we continued running.

Thorin stopped at the front of the line and Bilbo and I stopped as well. "There's more coming!" Kili yelled at us.

"Kili! Shoot them!" Thorin ordered.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Gandalf run behind a rock and panicked, but Bilbo tugged on my hand. I snapped my head forward and saw orcs all around us.

"We're surrounded!" Fili shouted. Kili shot one of the orcs with his bow. "Where's Gandalf?" Fili yelled.

"He's abandoned us!" Dwalin answered. I shook my head in disbelief and exchanged a glance with Bilbo. "Hold your ground!" Thorin shouted as the orcs drew nearer.

Suddenly, Gandalf appeared from behind the rock and yelled "This way, you fools!"

I smiled in relief and dragged Bilbo with me as I ran towards the wizard. "Come on, move! Quickly! All of you!" Thorin told the other dwarves.

We followed Gandalf behind the rock and Bilbo and I were in the lead. The two of us slid down a tunnel on our backs and stood up at the end. "Are you alright?" Bilbo asked, out of breath. I nodded. "I'm fine."

One by one, the dwarves slid down the tunnel until we were all gathered at the bottom. A horn blew and we watched as the orcs were shot with arrows.

"Elves..." I breathed, a grin appearing on my face.

An orc's body slid into the tunnel and Thorin pulled an arrow out of it. "Elves." he announced, probably not hearing me before. I silently hoped that Legolas was with them.

"I cannot see where the pathway leads. Do we follow it or not?" Dwalin shouted from farther into the tunnel.

"We follow it, of course!" Bofur exclaimed, running towards Dwalin.

"I think that would be wise." Gandalf said, looking at Bilbo and I. Somehow, this pathway seemed familiar...

We walked out of the tunnel and looked out at the place before us. "The Valley of Imladris. In the common tongue, it's known by another name."

I smiled, a happy feeling of home taking over me. "Rivendell..."