Four

September 1st, 1990

        The sounds of the birds chirping, the morning sun peeking through the drapes, clean linen. That is what her room was like at the Tonks residence, she absolutely loved it. Unlike the Malfoys which was similar but devoid of love and life, Lyra felt like every second there was another year off her lifespan. The Weasleys, which was overflowing with love and life, was constantly loud and you couldn't get a moment alone. She appreciated both these places, some more than others, but Lyra always loved visiting Tonks and her parents. Their home being the happy median.

        Lyra woke with no trouble, six in the morning. She was to go back to Hogwarts that day, Tonks and her parents accompanying her to the station. Lyra smiled at the thought, she finally felt as though she had a family⸺the Weasleys being a sort of family for Lyra, but they weren't actually related to her. Which the Tonks were. 

        Suddenly, Lyra heard a bang from downstairs. A clatter of metal sounding like falling pots and pans. Sniffing the air, Lyra smelt burning and jumped into action. She ran out of her serene room and down stairs, skipping the last two steps. She rounded the corner to see Ted Tonks and his daughter, the latter of which was on the floor surrounded by various pots and pans. 

        "What is happening?" Lyra questioned with heavy breathing, out of breath from her early morning workout she just did running to their rescue. "What is that smell?" Turning, Ted Tonks was holding a pan with burnt bacon in it. With a sheepish smile, he discarded the burnt meat.

        "You're awake!" Tonks practically shouted from her spot on the floor, getting up she quickly put away all the fallen kitchenware. Lyra chuckled, seeing Tonks sport an interesting look today. Long lime green locks, her eyebrows a darker green, and finally was her emerald green eyes. 

        "Yeah I am... What's with all the green?" 

        "Well, I'm simply celebrating your second year in the wrong house." She stated, grabbing more bacon and throwing it in the hot pan. Ted Tonks sent a grateful smile her way before kissing her cheek and taking a newspaper into the living room, probably to discuss politics with his lovely wife⸺like they always did in the mornings. "You're a Snake among Lions, my dear."

        "When are you going to quit with that theory, nowaday all we talk about is 'Snakes' and Cedric. You're beginning to sound like a broken record, Tonks." Lyra teased, flipping the bacon. Lyra had learned various things from the Tonks, mostly from Ted Tonks. Who is a muggle-born wizard, who was very amused to tell Lyra all about Muggle objects and customs. Their house filled with various muggle objects, which Lyra wasn't afraid to examine. 

        "It's not my fault your life basically revolves around those two subjects." Tonks sassed. 

        Gasping, Lyra glared. "How dare you."

        "Oh, right! I missed one thing." She grinned, pointing her finger in the air emphasising her point. "The Weasleys. Your life revolves around Snakes, Cedric Diggory, and the Weasleys."

        "You are so rude sometimes."

        "You mean honest." She smirked. "Unlike you, ya snake."

        Lyra pointed the tongs at her cousin, threatenly. Tonks backed off with a smile, going back to cleaning up her mess. Lyra continued to flip the bacon absentmindedly, not really paying attention to anything.

        "Nymphadora, Lyra!" Lyra heard Andromeda yell from the other room, she stopped what she was doing to poke her head into the living room. She saw Andromeda and Ted sitting on the sofa, reading the newspaper. She smiled warmly at the girl. "We should be leaving soon for the station, wouldn't want you running late."