Chapter 23

*KNOCK KNOCK*
"Who's here?" I asked Melody as she stood up and opened her front door
"Keeth?" We said in unison. Why was he here?
"I didn't know you were here Loni" Keeth said as he took a step back. Melodys face was bright red, she looked more then embarrassed.
"Yeah...why are you here?" I stepped in front of Melody and next to Keeth
"Just checking on Mel...to see how she was recovering" he said. I didn't believe he was just here for a checkup. Considering the coffee cups in his hands.
"Well thank you for the chat Melody, I'll leave you two too it." I nodded and walked down the street. Something was definitely going on between them, I didn't doubt it. But in the past my brother had a reputation for being a complete dick towards girls. And I wasn't about to let that happen to Melody.

"Hey" Grayson said as he exited his house, when I walked into the driveway.
"Hey!" I sighed and pulled him into a hug. I was exhausted. The past few nights felt like shit.
"Where did you go?" Grayson asked.
"I needed to talk to melody, that's all" I smiled and pulled back.
"Is everything alright?" He asked
"Yeah it is, I promise" No, it really wasn't Okay. I hated what was going on

Later on I was dropped off at the aquarium once again. I grabbed a bucket of fish and headed over towards Milly's tank, dropping a few in her mouth
"Loni!" Reeko said as he placed his hand on my shoulder
"Yeah?" I looked up to him
"Your birthdays coming up correct?"
I sighed and shook my head
"Unfortunately". I answered. He slightly laughed and kneeled down next to me
"Here, a friend wanted me to give this to you" he said as he handed me a small white box.
"Wait until your birthday to open it" he smiled once again and patted my back, getting up and walking away.

I held the small box in my hand, Above Milly. She made a soft clicking noise and smiled, she looked excited. I shook it, trying to hear what it was.
"What do you think it is?" I asked Milly.
She shook her head side to side, unsure.
"Well I'll find out tomorrow" I stood up and waved goodbye to Milly. I walked down the stairs and out of the aquarium, I had a lot of thinking to do...I wanted to live out my dream and spend my Eighteenth birthday on the waters. But a huge part of me was refusing.
I don't know, I really don't.

I drove for the next twenty minutes until I reached the hospital, I wanted my dads opinion. Even though he probably wouldn't think it was a good idea. But maybe that's what I needed, someone to tell me No.
"Hey Dad..." I said as I walked into his room
"Hey sweetie!" He was sitting up in bed, looking better as ever
"I need your opinion" I sat down on the chair next to him and intertwined my hands together.
"Go for it" he smiled and waited for me to continue
"You know how my birthday is tomorrow?"
He nodded
"I was wondering if I could use your boat for the day?" I squinted my eyes, waiting for him to lash out and give me a lecture
"Sure! The keys are hanging up in the kitchen"
Oh... I guess this is what I expected...His memories of grandma were gone.
"Just please be careful Loni" I nodded. At least he remembered mom
"I hope you got my gift, I was relying on Reeko" dad said. I smiled ear to ear, now I knew who the gift box was from.
"I did...thank you" I showed him the small box and held it in my hands
"I love you Loni" He grabbed one of my hands and held it
"I love you too dad".
Well...here goes nothing. Tomorrow could either be the best day of my life, or the fucking worst day of my life.