Chapter 24

"I'm so excited!" Melody screeched as she ran up to me, Annie following close behind with slushies. They placed down the drinks and weighted balloons on the table
"Happy birthday!" They both screamed as they hugged me
"Thank you guys" I laughed and stood up, Annie gave me a drink and handed me a bag.
"Annie you didn't have to get me anything" I laughed and looked down, opening the gift and laughing.
"Thank you" I pulled her into a hug. Melody jumped up and down and smiled ear to ear
"Don't worry! There's SO much more to come!" Oh god...
"What are you waiting for! Get up! We're going shopping before your big evening" she grabbed my hand and all three of us piled into her Jeep. She played our main playlist as she drove down the highway, our hair was blowing everywhere in the wind as we all laughed.
"My first gift to you is this" she handed me a card with another gift card inside. We went to a bunch of different stores, shopping for hours
"Melody please, let's take a break" Annie begged as we sat in the food court.
"Okay okay, have you made up your mind? About the boat?" Melody asked as she sat next to me. I have, and I thought it was a really really bad idea. So many thins could go wrong and I didn't wanna do it
"Yeah...we're doing it" I said as I pulled the keys out of my pocket. She screamed and tightly hugged me
"This is gonna be SO much fun!" Melody said. Okay, I know it's a bad idea. But I've always wanted to spend my eighteenth birthday on it. So I'm saying fuck it.

Hours and hours passed and it was now 4 pm. Melody was driving us down the the docs, where we could meet everyone. My instincts were telling me no, but I wasn't about to cancel right now.
"Happy birthday!" Everyone shouted as we exited the car. Grayson came up to me and pulled me into a hug. Wishing me happy birthday once again.
"Well what are we waiting for?" Keeth said as we all walked down the docks and over to the boat.
"Got the keys?" Keeth asked as we all got in
"Yep!" I handed him the keys and sat down on one of the cushions. He started the boat and un anchored it, driving off.
"Okay! I have three pizzas and your birthday cake in the storage compartment" Melody said as she got up and took them out
"So how's your birthday been so far?" Grayson sat next to me and leaned back
"Great actually" we both laughed and grabbed a piece of pizza
"Hey can we talk about the other night?" I asked him. He swallowed a piece of pizza and raised his eye brows
"What happened to not speaking of it?" He tilted his head and I looked down
"I know, but I want too. We need too"
"Do we?" He asked as he bit another piece of pizza
"Yes, we do. What are we?" I asked him. He kept chewing and scrunched his eye brows together
"Friends with benefits?" I asked. He scoffed and shook his head.
"No, I don't do that kind of stuff" he laughed
"Am I just a one night stand?" I said, he laughed again and grabbed my hand
"Loni does it look like a treat you like a one night stand?"
"No, but then what are we Grayson?"
"Friends?" I asked, when he didn't respond.
"I wanted to be more" he kinda whispered
My eyes widened as I stared at him
"Really?" I whispered back. He nodded his head and took a drink of his water
"Grayson..."
"No, No I don't want you worrying about this on your birthday. Enjoy today" he squeezed my hand and stood up, proceeding to talk to my brother.
"I'm gonna anchor it down here" Keeth said.
Melody brought the huge cake over to the table we were sitting at. Everyone gathered around when she lit all eighteen candles.
"There's gonna be so much wax on the cake melo-"
"Shush Annie" everyone laughed as she finally got them finished.
Happy birthday was sung in unison as I sat in front of the cake. Decorations were spread everywhere around the boat
I finally felt good, happy for once.

I blew out the candles and everyone clapped, shortly after it was being cut up and served to us. We ate cake for a while and just hung out, listening to music while a couple people swam in the ocean.
"Thank you guys" I said to melody and Annie as I walked up to them
"Of course birthday girl!" Melody said
"You wanna do presents?" Annie asked me
"Sure, but first I wanna open this" I pulled out the small gift box from dad and undid the ribbon...my eyes widened as I opened the locket and seen a picture of me and mom on our old boat. Around the heart was small writing engraved, saying "happy Eighteenth birthday, baby girl" and on the back it said
"-love mom".
Tears formed in my eyes and I put it on. She was saving this necklace for me, when I turned eighteen. God I wish she was able to be here right now and celebrate with us.
"Come on everyone! Loni's gonna open presents" Melody said.
Everyone gathered around and handed me their gifts
"Aww you guys didn't have to get me anything" I laughed and opened each gift. They all were super sweet, and then I came down to Graysons. He got me a gift card to my favourite coffee shop, and under it was a note.
"Don't say this out loud, act like theres 200 dollars in here. But Loni, I don't know how you feel but ever since I first seen you and got to know you better I loved spending time together. All the countless movies nights we had, all the star gazing, all the small memories we have together, I will cherish forever. But I guess my point is the big question.
Will you go out with me?" My eyes widened as I looked up to him. He was staring at me, waiting for me to say something.
"Grayson that's a lot of money for a birthday card..." a few people laughed and got back to swimming. Once all the attention was cleared from me I walked over to him and grabbed his hand, pulling us off to the side.
"I'd love too" we both smiled ear to ear as I bright him into a hug
"Oh shit, they're saying there might be storm alerts" Keeth said to everyone
"Aww no! We haven't gotten to the fun part yet! The alcohol" Melody pulled out a couple bottles and shook them in the air.
I face palmed my forehead and laughed to myself. Underage drinking...alright.
I stripped my clothes and took a shot with everyone. Me and Grayson both jumped off the boat and splashed into the cold water. We were in the middle of no where, so I doubted a cop would come and bust us.
"Come on, lets go get another drink" I said to Grayson as we pulled our selfs up the ladder And slammed another shot down.
"Kiss me"
"No Grayson you're drunk, you've had like 12 shots already" we both laughed as he picked me up bridal style and carried me over to the side of the boat
"So have you" he glanced around and bent down to quickly kiss me on the lips. I laughed again as he jumped in the water with both of us. Out of no where a huge cold gust of air came through, and dark clouds began to form in the sky. I furrowed my eyebrows together and grabbed Grayson's hand, pulling him back onto the boat with me.
"Keeth look up" I said. He looked waisted too, but that's nothing new.
"Oh shit" his words were slurred
"We gotta get out of here" he said as he sat up and walked away, hopefully to un anchor the boat. A loud siren alert played off of our phones. I looked down and seen the words
"Hurricane warning" displayed on the screen.
"Guys..." everyone looked at eachother as I raced in front on the boat, to see where Keeth was. The waves picked up as it started heavily raining.
"Keeth?!" I shouted to him as he pulled and pulled on the lever holding the anchor down.
"It's stuck!" He shouted back.
Fuck.
"Let me try" I pulled and pulled but it didn't budge
"Shit! What are we gonna do?!" A siren ran throughout the city, warning people. It could be heard from miles and right now was the worst time to be on the water.
The waved crashed against the boat, Keeth tried his best to shield me as he grabbed my hand and brought us back to everyone else. Another wave crashed against it, shaking boat, making everyone scream.
"What's going on?!" Melody asked
"The anchor is stuck" I said as I covered my face from the rain
"WHAT?!"
"We're stuck out here?!" Someone asked
"No, I have a idea" Keeth reached in the glove compartment and pulled out a machete. I don't fucking know why that's in there but-
"The rope is thick, but I'm gonna try to cut it" he was about to walk out, until I grabbed his arm
"Keeth that's gonna take forever!" I shouted over the pouring rain. At this point the sky was completely dark
"What other choice do we have?!"
I crossed my arms and nodded. Everyone waited for him. It took about 20 intense minutes for him to come back. The waves got heavier and stronger as we all piled in under the small roof above the drivers seat.
"Hold on!" Keeth said as he started the boat back up and tried driving
"This isn't a good I-" I got interrupted as a huge wave crashed into the area we were in. More and more screams were let out as everyone became more and more terrified.
"KEETH!" The whole boat got submerged under water for a few seconds, a lot of us getting pushed back out onto the open parts.
"KEETH STOP" I shouted one last time as another wave crashed over us.
My body was completely submerged in the water. It was cold, so fucking cold.
My heart raced faster as I thrashed my arms and legs in the deep ocean.
Soon to be weighed down, I pushed my head above the water as far as I could.
"HELP!" Another wave crashed over my body as I felt it all go numb. I couldn't see, nor hear anyone else. I was beyond scared, the water kept pulling me down, and I couldn't breath
"GUYS!? ANNIE?! MELODY! ANYONE" I screamed as water kept filling my lungs. Once I opened my eyes I seen a tremendous wave in front of me. This was it, I was a goner. Fear struck through my veins as I gasped for one last breath of air. Before I was under. Meters, by meters dropped as I felt my body sink lower and lower. I squeezed my eyes shut as pressure rose in my brain.
And everything went black.

                                      The end