Chapter Six: The Train Ride from Hell

Meanwhile, back up on the surface, a grey 2-6-2 steam locomotive with coaches ploughed on through the snowy mountains of Russia, leaving the city behind, heading off to go and travel across the mountains to Paris. It would take a few days of travel from Russia to Paris, but going by rail will be faster than just walking.

Onboard, Vlad was fixing his passport, while Pooka was next to him. Vlad was writing something out with his quill, and every time he dipped it in the ink, he gave a tickle with the feather to Pooka, which he enjoyed very much.

Anya took her seat, as Braedey put one bag in the overhead section and was about to sit down next to Vlad. Pooka growled and barked aggressively to the brunette, stopping Braedey as he looked back to him.

"Oh, okay. Pooka gets the window seat..." Braedey shrugging to himself, and Pooka yipped up with a bark. Braedey now sat over to Anya. Anya played with her necklace, as she leaned back in her seat. "Stop fiddling with that thing!" Braedey said to her. "Sit up straight, remember, you're a grand duchess."

"How do you know what Grand Duchesses do and don't do?" Anya asked to Braedey with a raised eyebrow.

"I- Uh..." Braedey sighed to himself, crossing his arms. "Never mind. Sorry, I'm just trying to help." He said to Anya, while Vlad just rolled his eyes in amusement.

"Braedey, do you really think I'm royalty?" Anya asked as she slightly sat up then.

"Yes. Why do you ask, Anya?" Braedey asked back to Anya.

"Then stop bossing me around." Anya scoffed with a sharp glare back at Braedey, the brunette feeling a little shaken by breathed a sigh to himself.

"She certainly has a mind of her own." Vlad commented with a smirk to Braedey.

"Yeah. Some would hate that in a woman, but I don't mind it." Braedey shrugged to himself.

Without him looking, Anya stuck her tongue out to Braedey. Vlad smirked to himself, while he was keeping a tally chart between Braedey and Anya, and it seems that Anya had a lot more marks than the brunette had.

A little later, Braedey and Anya were both left on their own in the cab, while Vlad and Pooka were walking around the train to see what was there.

"Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot..." Braedey said firstly to Anya.

"I think we did too." Anya replied as she held up a book. "But I appreciate your apology."

"So, do you think you're gonna miss it?" Anya asked to Braedey.

"Miss what?" Braedey asked back to Anya.

"Russia." Anya replied as she stared out the window, watching the world go by as they went down the railroad tracks, passing through an old forest.

Braedey shrugged with a small smirk. "Nah."

"But it was your home." Anya frowned.

"I was only there for an occasion, but that was a long time." Braedey clarified back.

"Then, you must be wanting to make Paris your true home." Anya smiled to him.

"Well.... I don't know, maybe." Braedey shrugged back to her, much to Anya's frustration. She couldn't seem to get through to him.

"Y... you know... oh, just forget it!" Anya sighed in exasperation. Vlad walked into the cab, overhearing their little quarrel. "Thank goodness it's you, please remove him from my sight!" Anya demanded, pointing at Braedey.

"What have you done to her?" Vlad demanded at Braedey firmly, as he held Pooka in his arm.

"Me? She started it!" Braedey countered back.