Chapter Thirteen: A New Beginning

After Rasputin's gory and gruesome death, Anya looked down to the form of Braedey, who lay there, still as death itself. Anya gently stroked his hair, hoping he wasn't dead. "Ohh... Oh no... Braedey... No..." Tears started to form in her eyes, and rolled down her cheeks, and some dropped down onto Braedey's torso and his face.

Pooka sniffed Braedey's face, then he pouted, sensing nothing from the brunette's form. He howled up and to the bright moon in the midnight sky, praying for a miracle to happen.

Suddenly, Braedey's eyes gently open! He looked up at Anya, and he wiped away her tears. She looked at him with a shocked expression, as he slowly sat up, Anya carefully sitting in his lap holding his shoulder.

"Anastasia... I will never leave you again." Braedey whispered softly, gently tucking a strand of Anya's hair behind her ear.

Suddenly, their faces move closer together. Both were so happy the other is alive, that their love can't help but sputter out...

"I thought you were going to St. Peter....."
"I was..."
"You didn't take the..."
"I couldn't."
"Why?"
"Because... I..."

Their lips were just about to meet when Pooka barked
To the two. The romantic spell was broken once again. They both pulled apart to see Pooka with Anya's crown in his mouth, and wagging his tail excitedly.

Braedey picked up the crown from the little dog, looked down at it, and then handed it over to Anya

Braedey picked up the crown from the little dog, looked down at it, and then handed it over to Anya. "Oh... they're waiting for you." He said solemnly to her.

Anya looked over at him, then down at the crown, and back at him. Then, the crown. 'I know just what to do.' Anya thought to herself. She had an idea, and smiled gently to Braedey.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, over at the palace, a hat box sat opened on a table. Anastasia's crown was placed inside next to it. Sophie cried tears of joy, as she stared at the note that came along with it. Marie next picked up the note, and read what it says on it.

'Dear Grandmama, wish me luck

'Dear Grandmama, wish me luck. We'll be together in Paris again soon. A bientot.'

"They've eloped. Isn't it romantic? It's a perfect ending." Sophie cried happily, while Vlad stood to attention nearby, while also providing some support for her friend.

Marie, regal and wise, stared out of a window at a distant boat down on the River Seine. "No. It's a perfect beginning." Marie whispered softly, and wiped away a tear from her eye before Sophie can see it. Marie gave the boat one last and longing look: happy and sad, then turned to go.

~*~*~

Out on the riverboat on the River Seine, Braedey and Anya were both dancing on the boat deck, underneath the beautiful starry sky of Paris, as they went down the river

Out on the riverboat on the River Seine, Braedey and Anya were both dancing on the boat deck, underneath the beautiful starry sky of Paris, as they went down the river. Braedey smiled and chuckled happily, as Anya giggled happily along with Braedey.

Finally, Braedey and Anya looked into each other's eyes, their souls calming and soothing one another, and lovingly, they kissed one another passionately, their threads of love having been sewn. Pooka, who had come along for the trip, saw the scene happening before him, and he blushed, covering his eyes with his ears.

As the young couple hugged lovingly after their kiss, they both recalled their adventure. Since meeting one another 10 years ago, reuniting 10 years later to begin their adventure, the crazy train and wild boat ride to Paris, their magical time on their first dance, and now, their newly-loved embrace.

'The day that we come back to our homeland is not always known. But, when others look to the stars, they would think of them, as our souls.'

'And now, Anastasia... the Princess of Russia... we will always be... together forever...'

Braedey and Anya looked to one another with smiles on their faces, then they lean in for another loving and passionate kiss, the two of them closing their eyes. And as this happens, a golden glow formed around the two, engulfing them both, as the sound of twinkling can be heard....