Chapter Eight: Nightmare at Sea

Soon, night had fallen across the open sea. The weather had began to change outside, the waves beginning to get larger, while the winds started to grow stronger, making the ship roll in the waves. All the while, the vessel continued on with its path towards Paris, France.

Anya, Braedey, Vlad and Pooka were all now in their cabin, all getting ready to get some sleep and be ready to arrive in Paris by morning. Braedey is already fast asleep in a makeshift bed on the ground, his backpack beside him on the floor. Anya is wrapped up in a blanket next to her bed. Vlad was braced up against the ship's beams, not weathering the storm well.

"Oh... are you all right?" Anya whispered to Vlad.

"Oh, I'm fine, my dearest. I'm just riddled with envy." Vlad pointed to Braedey. "I mean, just look at him. He can sleep through anything the world could even throw at him."

The ship tilted in the waves, and the timbered groaned as a response to this. Pooka climbed inside of Braedey's backpack, knocking it over, and the music box slides out of it and stopped near Anya. She picked up the Music Box, looking closely at it.

"Pretty jewellery box, isn't it?" Vlad commented.

"Jewellery box? Are you sure that's what it is?" Anya asked. She immediately has a sharp recollection, a shock, as she cradled the box lovingly.

"What else could it be?" Vlad asked to Anya.

"Oh well, something else... Something special... something to do with a secret." Anya mused quietly. Pooka then licked Anya's feet, making the auburn hair girl laugh, wanting her attention, and scalping her out of her trance. "Is that possible?" She asked to Vlad.

Vlad climbed up into his berth above Anya's head. "Anything is possible. You taught Braedey how to waltz, didn't you?" He said to her.

Anya secured the Music Box back in the backpack. Pooka begged at Anya's feet to be picked up. She picked him up, as she climbed into her berth, Pooka climbing up on her tummy.

"...Sleep well, your majesty." Vlad whispered, then he fell asleep.

Pooka snuggled up next to Anya. "Sweet dreams, Pooka." Anya whispered, hugging the little dog, as she too fell asleep with Pooka.

Unbeknown to them, Braedey was awake

Unbeknown to them, Braedey was awake. He looked over to the slumbering Anya and Pooka, then sat up and snuck over to the two slumbering forms, as he gently rubbed his thumb against Anya's cheek, making her smile a little in her slumber.

'Sweet dreams, Anya.' Braedey thought to himself, as he went back to sleep, the gentle rolls of the waves soon putting him to sleep.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, deep underground and in limbo, Rasputin and Bartok were gazing at the image of Anya, as she slept peacefully with Pooka in her arms, eyeing their one target with extreme lust.