Reunion

Zutara Week 2020

Day 1 Reunion

Letters

Katara,

Suki and Toph are driving me insane. Please come save me.

Zuko

.~.~.~.

Zuko,

Say no more.

Katara

.~.~.~.

Katara,

Why would you send your idiot brother here. You made things worse.

I guess it's nice to see him though.

Zuko

.~.~.~.

Zuko,

You're welcome. You know what they say, three's a crowd but four's a party. You need to relax every now and then, Your Honor.

Katara

.~.~.~.

Katara,

Sometimes I really don't like you.

Zuko

.~.~.~.

Zuko,

Now we both know that's not true.

Katara

.~.~.~.

Katara,

Maybe.

I do really miss you. Come visit soon. It's been too long.

Zuko

.~.~.~.

Zuko,

I miss you, too. I'll try. With the school, hospital, council, and being the Southern ambassador, I don't have a whole lot of vacation time.

Katara

.~.~.~.

Katara,

And who is the one that needs to relax every now and then? You're doing a lot. Take a break.

Zuko

.~.~.~.

On and on it went, for months. Exchanging letters, promising to visit soon. Awaiting reunion.

It's not that Katara didn't want to see him. Quite the opposite really, she was scared of how much she yearned to see him and be by his side. She was... getting feelings... (okay so she totally wanted to marry him so sue her). She didn't want to make things weird between them. It was awkward enough with Aang after they didn't work out. She shouldn't try to date the other boy in their group of best friends (besides her brother obviously), it would just make things more awkward!

It's not like he'd feel the same anyways, right?

Sometimes she wondered.

~~~xoxo~~~

Zuko sighed heavily as he placed the last scroll of the day in the finished pile. It was well into the evening; he had worked through dinner again. As the years went by he did notice it wasn't as hectic as it was when he first accepted the throne. It was still a lot of work though.