Affirm

Zutara Week 2020

Day 6 Affirm

Devotion

She is not fit to be Fire Lady!

The words still lingered in the air, buzzing angrily in their ears.

"It's okay Zuko, I can handle it." Katara smiled reassuringly at her fiancé, patting his cheek.

Zuko still bristled, "I'll have them fired, no- banished!"

Katara rolled her eyes. "You can't banish every person who doesn't like me. There'd be no one left." She joked.

"I am so sick of these snobby pricks saying you have no place here- as if you aren't a war hero yourself! They should be thanking you!" Zuko growled.

She grabbed his smoking hands before he could set fire to his- soon to be their- bedroom. "Then we will change their minds. I changed yours, didn't I?" She smirked.

Zuko pouted. "That's different. Besides I don't want any of them falling in love with you."

Katara laughed and shook her head. "I guess I won't use my womanly charms then. I have plenty of other ways to be convincing."

He sighed, wrapping his arms around her. "I know you're strong, but just... don't listen to those guys. You are completely capable of running a nation and everything else that your title will entail. And you are so deserving of my affections. I don't want you to have any doubts about marrying me."

Nuzzling into his neck, she answered, "I know all that, but thanks for saying it anyways. I'm not going anywhere. I love you."

"I love you, too."

They stood there for a few moments, cementing their resolve and affirming their devotion to each other, no matter the hard path ahead.

"That was a sucky reaction to our betrothal. Let's go tell some people who will actually be happy about it." Katara suggested.

Zuko pulled away and smirked. "You're right. Since they know so much about what it takes to run the country, they shouldn't mind if we leave for a week on vacation."

They giggled like school children, quickly throwing packs together and leaving a scribbled note on his bed before sneaking out of the palace. They'd get a lot of crap for it when they got back, but for now they would just bask in their happiness and not let anyone ruin it for them.

~~~xoxo~~~

Short and sweet! Could technically also be in align with the previous two chapters if you wish!

You get two posts today because I meant to post the previous chapter last night and forgot.

Leave a review for me friends!

-Joy