Chapter 19

She was dreaming. Her throat was so dry that it had begun to ache. She was chasing after someone who held a glass of water. When she finally caught up, he turned around and laughed at her. It was a sound that reverberated in her mind. She wanted to see that laugh better but she couldn't. He was running away from her again. In frustration, she opened her eyes. That's when she realized her throat was actually hurting. Ugh. Of all the things that had to be real about the dream, this was not the one she would have picked.

She rolled out of bed and felt even colder. She ambled over to her suitcase for a sweatshirt. After ten minutes of searching, she realized she had not brought the warm one. She took a deep breath and grabbed her all weather jacket, jammed her beanie on her head and strode out into the balcony to get some fresh air.

It was so cold that in the first minute she was out, she let out a loud sneeze. She sat down on the chair and rubbed her arms rigorously. The jacket was not providing its usual warmth, thanks to her cold.

"Heer..."

She closed her eyes. Great. Wasn't he supposed to go see the stunning sunrise? What was he doing here bugging her with his annoyingly infectious laughter? Wait, that was in the dream. She forced herself to be nice to the real Ishaan who had not stolen the glass of water.

"Good morning, Ishaan." She said in a pretend-chipper voice.

He eyed her cautiously and asked, "Are you alright? You look...well sound sick."

She shook her head and said, "I'm perfectly fine."

He walked over to the end of the balcony, reached out and felt her forehead.

"You don't seem to have a fever. But you look really cold. Are you wearing just the one jacket?"

She nodded, her eyes shut.

A few moments later, she felt something fall in her lap. She looked down and saw a giant black hoodie. She picked it up and felt it. It was so warm and fleecy. She didn't have the heart to say no. The very next minute, she was pulling off her jacket and snuggling into the sweatshirt. The sleeves were a little too long for her so she raised her hands to her face and covered it to warm up her cold face. The sweatshirt smelled so fresh. She quickly put on her jacket on top of it and zipped it up for good measure. She then turned around and saw him, looking at her concernedly.

"I'm fine! It's just a stupid cold."

He then pointed at the door and said, "I think you should go inside anyway and rest a little before we leave. I'll get Rina to check in on you."

She scowled and said fiercely, "Listen up. There is no need to make a big deal about this. I have meds. I will be fine. You do not need to call anyone. Do you understand?"

He raised his hands in surrender and replied, "Yes ma'am."

In the same tone, she barked, "Now I'll see you in a bit."

He nodded and started back inside when she called him out again.

"And Ishaan?"

"Yes?" He asked meekly.

"Thank you for the sweatshirt."

He laughed and nodded as he walked back in.

Author's Note: Okay, I'll be honest. I like this chapter too. :P How about you?

S.