~ 3 ~

Chapter Three: Now We're A Mess

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five asked placing down a wooden chopping board on the table

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five asked placing down a wooden chopping board on the table. The rest of the siblings watched Five confused. Sixteen years, four months and fourteen days Five had been missing, vanished literally into thin air and then he just drops out of the sky without a word on where he had been or what he had been doing.

Agatha wanted to hug him and slap him at the same time.

"The twenty-fourth" Vanya answered.

"Of what?" Five asked.

"March," Agatha said.

"Good" he replied.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked. Five didn't acknowledge Luther, he just laid out bread to make a sandwich. "It's been seventeen years," he said standing up.

"Technically-"

"Agatha not now" Luther snapped.

"Right sorry" Agatha mumbled, Klaus bumped his arm against hers.

Five's lips twitched up ever so slightly. He then scoffed "it's been a lot longer than that," he said and spacial jumped behind Luther to grab marshmallows.

"I haven't missed that," Luther said.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked.

"The future" Five said and spacial jumped back to the chopping board "it's shit by the way."

"Called it!" Klaus exclaimed holding an arm up.

"I should've listened to the old man" Five sighed and grabbed peanut butter from the fridge "you know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." Five looked up at his siblings crowded around the kitchen table, Agatha was perched on the edge of the table in between Klaus and Diego "nice dress" Five said to Klaus and continued to make his sandwich.

"Oh, well danke!" Klaus said.

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time" Five explained.

"That makes no sense," Diego said, Agatha mentally agreed.

"Well, it would if you were smarter."