~ 6 ~

Chapter Six: Jailbird

"This is so not how I thought my night would go" Agatha sighed

"This is so not how I thought my night would go" Agatha sighed. She leaned her head back against the concrete wall, her legs were stretched out in front of her and as Diego paced the cell they were sharing he would step over them.

"What did you think was going to happen?" Diego asked stepping over her legs again.

"I don't know, but getting arrested wasn't on this list."

"It should have been, see that's on you."

Agatha scoffed and shook her head. She went over to the jail bar and gripped them. "Hey!" She said hitting the bars.

"What are you doing?" Diego hissed.

Agatha ignored him "hey!" She yelled again "is anyone there?"

A grumpy looking cop approached the bars "what?" He snapped.

"I'm pretty sure I'm allowed a phone call," Agatha said sweetly "so if you please."

"Who the hell are you calling?" Diego asked.

Agatha ignored him again.

"Fine" the cop huffed, he unlocked the cell and dragged Agatha down the hall to where a phone was hooked up to the wall "you have three minutes."

"Thanks," Agatha said and dialled Brenner's number. Thank god I have it memorised.

Brenner picked up almost immediately "hello?" He said.

"Hey, Brenner it's me," Agatha said turning away from the cop who was looking at her with loathing.

"Agatha? Who's phone are you calling from?"

"Er" Agatha hesitated, she had no idea what his reaction was going to be.

"Agatha?" Brenner asked more tensely.

Just fucking do it. "The police station. I've been arrested."

Brenner didn't answer, it was just silence on the other end of the phone which Agatha found worse than yelling. "I don't...what, how, when, I-"

"Brenner, it's alright," Agatha said calmly "after the memorial, I left with Diego, we did something...nothing bad-"

"Nothing bad, you've been arrested!" Brenner said through gritted teeth.

Okay so maybe my idea and Brenner's idea of bad is different. Good to know. "They'll let us out in the morning, I just wanted to let you know in case you got back early and I'm not there."

"I can't believe, your brother let this happen" he muttered.

"Let this happen!" Agatha exclaimed, "I am a grown woman who can make her own decisions thank you very much!"