~ 4 ~

Chapter Four: The Monocles Watery End

Agatha remembered the day she got her umbrella tattoo, every time she would trace the black ink she would remember, it was the one memory she couldn't seem to forget

Klaus was the first one to her his tattoo done, followed by Allison, Diego and then Agatha.

It wasn't a choice to get the tattoo it was a demand made by their father and none of them wanted to disappoint him nor show any weakness in front of him.

Agatha was glad he wasn't around when she had her tattoo done, the needle injecting the ink into her skin was the worse pain she had felt, she screwed her eyes closed and a let a single tear slide down her cheek. Grace wanted to comfort her but Agatha refused if the others hadn't why should she?

When the tattoo artist was done Agatha jumped off the seat like it had shocked her and ran into Diego's arms, she cried into his chest as her wrist throbbed. She wasn't sure why rubbing it brought comfort when the process of getting it was so painful.

Agatha ran a hand through her hair as she walked down the stairs, she had intentions of using the house phone to call Brenner and see how he was but at the sight of Vanya, she changed her mind.

"Hey Vanny," Agatha said softly.

The girl in question turned around "hey Agatha" she said shuffling awkwardly on her feet.

"Are you leaving already?" Agatha asked she stopped next to her sister towering over her sister's small frame.

"Yeah, no one wants me here," she said.

Agatha took a deep breath, after years of resentment towards Vanya she was ready to move on "I do" she said.

"Well, then you're the only one."

"Allison does, I know she does and ignore Diego, he's an idiot."

"He is" Vanya agreed and the girl shared a small laugh.

"I don't want you waking out that door and waking out of my life again Vanya, I know there's stuff between us but you're still my sister so let's not leave it as long as we did to see each other again. Why don't you come over for dinner next week, there's someone I'd like you to meet."

"Yeah, yeah, I'd love that," Vanya said smiling at her sister.

"Great!" Agatha smiled back, she bent down and hugged her, when she let go she saw Pogo approaching them. "I'll leave you two to talk, Bye Vanny."

Thirsty, Agatha headed to the kitchen. She wasn't the only one there, Klaus was sat at the table, his legs hanging over the chair and he was hugging a guitar to his chest. Five was rummaging through the cupboards looking for something.

"Vanya's gone" Agatha announced, both boys ignored her. Agatha rolled her eyes, filled up a glass with water and hopped onto the table, swinging her legs back and forth.