|| 09 || minishaw • dangerous love; pt.2

|| ship; minishaw

|| warnings; none

|| words; 1.7k

- {} -

"What the hell kind of operation do you think we're running here Simon? I ask you to kill a man, and instead, you bring him to me? Are you stupid? Did you think I'd maybe want to kill him myself? 'Cause you've got to be shitting me right now," JJ says angrily, making Simon flinch a little. But he holds his ground.

"I think he could be of use to us JJ," Simon says calmly. JJ snorts, before gesturing to Harry, who's been gagged, with his wrists bound in thick rope since he entered the Sidemen's base.

"You think that scrawny piece of shit could be useful? He stole over five million from us! Who's to say he won't do it again if we let him stay?" JJ shouts, seeming outraged at the suggestion.

"Jide, stop shouting. All I'm saying is, I've seen him with a sword. And he's talented. I think if we could somehow get him to stay in line, he could be a good assassin," Simon argues back, keeping his tone cool and intellectual, because he knows it would only piss JJ off more. But contrary to what he believed would happen, JJ takes a step back, and raises his hands in surrender.

"A'ight then. He can stay," JJ starts, but then his expression changes. "But. He's your responsibility. Any trouble he causes, is on you. It's your job to keep an eye on him, and train him up. I want him to be as good as you, or better."

That son of a bitch. Simon knew there would be a catch. JJ's eyes light up as he watches Simon thinking it through. He knows that he can't turn down the offer now, because Harry's seen the base. He'd have to kill him if he did. And the whole reason Simon brought him here is because he didn't want to kill him.

So he hasn't got a choice really.

"Alright JJ."

- {} -

Simon leads Harry to where he'll be staying. Pretty much just a cramped prison cell on the lowest floor of the building. It must be shit, Simon thinks, to have been free a couple of hours ago, and now to be told that you're going to be trained as an assassin, and being held prisoner until you can be trusted.

It's all Simon's fault too. If only he'd killed Harry when he was meant to.

"Looks cosy," Harry comments snarkily as he's shown inside. Simon sighs.

"Well, it's better than the alternatives," Simon tells him.

"Really? And what're they?"

"You bleeding out slowly in that backalley I found you in, or a bullet in your head, curtesy of JJ," Simon growls. Harry raises his hands in surrender, but his face still reflects disbelief that it would have actually happened.

"Alright, fine. I'll play along," Harry responds, sitting down on the bed in the corner of his room. "I take it you're keeping my katana?"

"Yeah, I am," Simon says, running his thumb over the hilt, and looking down to admire it. It's got a gold cap on the end of the hilt, and brownish red leather wrapped around it in a cross pattern. Clearly based off a traditional Japanese katana, just like Simon's own weapon. "It's a nice blade. Where'd you get it?"

"Japan. Some random sword smith. He was reluctant to let me have it though," Harry replies casually.

"How come?"

"Said it's cursed, and all the other people who have owned it before me died a horrible death."

"Cursed blades aren't something to mess around with, kid," Simon says, taking his hand away from the hilt as if he were scalded, and warily eyeing the katana that's tucked into his belt.