ᴄʜᴀᴘɪᴛʀᴇ sᴇᴘᴛ

AS THE MOONLIGHT filtered into the Estelle's dormitory, the French girl failed to fall asleep. Her dark eyes were open and blank, staring at the ceiling hanging above her and listening to the gentle snoring of her dorm mates. Usually, the soft whistle of the wind gently blowing past Ravenclaw Tower would slowly lull the girl to sleep, but tonight, the wind seemed to be deprived of its power.

She silently pushed aside she sheets and walked to the window, placing her hands firmly on the dusty sill, gazing out at the moon. As she stared, she recalled something from Astronomy class: the phases, and if she recalled correctly, the moon was in its first quarter stage or as it looked from the Ravenclaw Tower, the moon was halfway to become full once more. Almost like a glass of milk filled halfway up, and when it became full it was drained of its contents . . .

Estelle turned on her heels ━ acting on impulse. She put on her slippers, snatched a cardigan to wear over the t-shirt in which she slept in and walked out of the dorm in silence. She couldn't close one eye and decided to watch the stars and moon from a better location: the Astronomy tower.

Her steps on the hallways were the only sounds that broke the silence. There was no prefect to stop her from her late night walk, no Professor to question her and the caretaker and his cat were probably as deep asleep as the rest of the castle.

The brunette made it her mission to jump over steps from time to time in order to arrive to her destination faster. With her hurried steps, the walk from the Ravenclaw common room all the way to the Astronomy tower couldn't have taken longer than fifteen minutes.

Estelle Devereaux shivered as soon as she was at the top. The brunette hugged her figure and approached the railway. The French girl gaze up at the moon ━ thanks to the high altitude, the view was much more beautiful than the one in her dorm. The stars could easily be seen better, and the moon seemed so much closer to her ━ so close that it gave one the impression that if they were to extend their arm, they'd probably catch it and bring it to Earth.

The Devereaux girl pressed her elbows together on the railway and let her head rest over her palms, brown eyes trailing lazily on each and every star. She would probably stop time if she could ━ stop time and stay there, admiring the stardust.

In the meantime, Remus Lupin could half-heartedly declare himself intrigued by Estelle Devereaux ━ the girl was smart and witty, and every single thing she did rose questions from his part ━ for example, that particular moment in which he was supposed to study Rita's behavior and whereabouts. The werewolf couldn't help himself but search for the French girl's name. As soon as he saw her in the Astronomy tower, curiosity took over his senses and caused him to zip a hoodie over his shirt and exit his dorm in a hurry.

Estelle was the kind of person he didn't know what exactly to expect from ━ and maybe that was the reason why he somehow was always in her company ━ pure curiosity.

The Gryffindor prefect rested his body weight against the door frame, taking in her appearance. The Ravenclaw was looking up at the sky above her, a few strands of hair that somehow managed to escape the bun, blowing back thanks to the wind. Remus cursed internally the second he breathed too loudly. Estelle turned in her spot with narrowed eyes, upon seeing who the intruder was, she relaxed.

"Lupin, hello ━ here to give me another detention?" The boy blinked multiple times before tearing his eyes away from her face. Remus made small steps towards her with hands around his torso.

"I'm not on duty tonight," he managed to say, surprising both himself and the girl. "What are you doing out here this late, Devereaux?" Remus made another step.