ᴄʜᴀᴘɪᴛʀᴇ ᴏɴᴢᴇ

IF YOU'RE AN ENEMY of the Marauders, you would hardly be able to have a single peaceful day ━ and that, unfortunately, is the nicer way to say it. The extreme, yet completely accurate way to describe an enemy's life is constant pranks, making sure your wand is always within a second of reach, and learning how to train one's eye to watch for the slightest movement or noise. And that wasn't even half of what one could experience . . . just ask Severus Snape. Poor kid had a pile of crumpled-up notes at the bottom of his old book bag. Very few could manage to brush off something like that, one of them being Estelle Devereaux.

If you're a supporter of the Marauders, that hardly means you aren't in the risk of one of their pranks. Supporters always kept a weary eye out for confetti poppers or slime buckets that could be floating above their heads any moment. Often, it was hard to tell which pranks belonged to the Marauders and which belonged to Peeves.

The only way to have guaranteed (or half-guaranteed anyway) protection from a constant barrage of pranks was being part of the infamous group itself. And everyone knew it was impossible, many students thought grimly as they trudged off to the showers to get the glittery slime off their robes. Only if you were lucky enough to be fancied by one of the Marauders or were something of important value to their plans.

Even so, there was no guaranteeing that you wouldn't fall victim of their pranks.

Currently, Remus was lounging in the Marauders' dormitory, reading another Muggle book and munching slowly on a large bar of Honeydukes' Best Chocolate. Being so deeply captivated by the smooth roll of the words on the page, he hardly noticed a bucket of glittery green slime levitating itself through a conveniently open window and even the sniggering going on near his trunks.

Remus slowly took a bite of chocolate and just began munching on the piece when the bucket completed the tricky task of hovering over the window sill without making a sound or bumping into anything that would alert the werewolf of its presence. Still the werewolf read on and the bucket went on as well, becoming precariously close to tipping over before it was supposed to, causing the invisible someones to gasp dramatically.

And still he read on.

By now, one would be shocked by how the werewolf wasn't aware of the bucket's presence ━ whoever was doing the task of levitating the bucket was doing a very poor job indeed, the thick substance inside was making a moderately soft rattling sound as the bucket leaned precariously around. The invisible someones were now whispering frantically.

Thankfully (or not) the bucket completely the difficult journey floating across the dormitory and positioned itself a few inches off above Remus's head.

It tipped sideways.

SPLAT!

"AAARRRGGGHHH!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Sirius collapsed from the safety of the Invisibility Cloak as he howled with laughter, rolling around as James used Remus's trunk for support, practically choking now as he clutched his stomach. Peter was no exception as he was practically shrieking with laughter as Remus staggered up from his bed, wiping the slime off from his face, a growl forming at the base of his throat.

"What the bloody hell did you think you were doing?"

It took quite a bit of time for the rest of the Marauders to put themselves together, until finally Sirius went still, his body still racking with laughter and wiping tears from his eyes, James's wheezes growing softer until Peter's hysterical gasps halted.