ᴄʜᴀᴘɪᴛʀᴇ ꜱᴇɪᴢᴇ

ESTELLE HUGGED HER BODY TIGHTER, eyes scanning the crowd of students. Music filled her ears like an intoxicating poison as her fingertips reached for the hem of her black shirt. Her teeth sunk into her bottom lip constantly, each time she winced at the small amount of pain she felt.

"━and then I told her Andrew has been owling me all summer! You should've seen her face ━ it was hilarious ━" shouted an obnoxiously sloppy voice at the top of their lungs into a boy's ears. Estelle's eyes raised from the ground in an instant, trailing on the two retreating figures. She inhaled sharply ━ she desperately wanted to go back to her Common Room and just call it a night ━ but she couldn't do that, not until she'd spot a fiery redhead in the crowd and spoke up her intentions, anyway.

The scarred girl allowed her back to hit the wall, her left leg softly bending until its foot made contact with the red surface. She couldn't deny it, Gryffindors surely knew how to throw a party, it was her who couldn't fit in with the dizzy students and heavy dancers. She was never one to dance and not worry how stupid she'd look whilst doing so. Ignoring the fact that Sebastian Aguillar was a good few feet away from her, she shifted on her feet and tried not to show the emotions that were packed in her mind.

She pursed her lips, tilting her head in a way that she'd be able to see over the mass of people ━ no sign of Lily Evans anywhere. Where was she? Lily had told Estelle she'd grab them drinks and be right back in an instant ━ how long did it take to grab two bloody cups of butterbeer and come right back?

What if something had happened to her?

No, Estelle shook her head vigorously ━ what could go wrong at a birthday party? Absolutely nothing besides minors grabbing ahold of a Fire-whiskey bottle brought in by seventh years. She was just overreacting, probably there were quite the people surrounding the drinks table ━ or perhaps the redhead was distracted by someone ━ or something ━

"I didn't know Alyssa Violet knew you," commented a voice over the muggle music. Estelle snapped out of her daze, looking at the taller figure in front of her two brown eyes. Her lips stretched into a lazy grin upon recognizing the owner of the voice ━ Remus Lupin.

"She doesn't," shrugged Estelle nonchalantly, "But Lily does and Alyssa failed to mention that people weren't allowed to invite others to the party," as she spoke, her eyes trailed on the birthday girl that danced aimlessly in the middle of a circle of students with an obviously tipsy seventh year. Remus snorted. Estelle glanced back up at him, only now noticing the red cup between his two hands. He rose his eyebrows in her direction, bringing the rim to his lips slowly.

As soon as the liquid hit the tissue of the tongue, Remus scrunched up his nose in disgust, his arms falling back by his side. He sucked in a deep breath, trying to shake off the taste.

"What was it?" quizzed the French girl intrigued. Remus smiled, letting his backrest against the wall, a few inches from her right side. He passed the cup her way, his lips tugging upwards in a mischievous manner. Estelle rolled her eyes, yanking the cup away, aware he wouldn't be telling anything unless she tasted the liquid herself. The brunette choked, spluttering out the drink after she took a large gulp. "This is disgusting!" she cried out whilst wiping her tongue with her sleeve. Remus laughed loudly, taking the cup away and pouring its contents in a flower pot.

"Who knew butterbeer and apple juice don't mix?" Estelle shivered on her spot, gaining back her posture. "Lupin, what are you — a chemist?"

Remus grinned sarcastically, though his dark brown eyes twinkled with amusement. "Very funny, Devereaux."

Estelle returned the sarcastic smile with one of her own. "Oh yes, I'm very funny."