[5] The Chapter In which Something New Awakens

As the adrenaline from the fight started to die down, I noticed the intense pain in my upper back and reached behind me to make sure there was no blood. Thankfully, there was no bleeding, but my back did hurt too the touch which made me reach the conclusion that It was bruised. 

Glimmer had used her sparkle magic to make a small light so I walked closer to her so I could see better. 

"So Horde Soldier, have you always been able to read first ones writing?" Bow asked, making me turn my attention to the girl. 

"Wait wait wait, I think I'm missing something here." I said, starting to get frustrated of missing parts of conversations that were now starting to blur together, "You can understand the first ones language!?" 

"U-um, yea I guess..?"

Glimmer then interjected into the conversation, her anger growing as she stood with her glitter-light ball, facing the horde girl, "Wanna tell us what exactly is going on here?" if I'm being completely honest, she was even a little intimidating to me. And I had known her for years. 

I shrank away behind Bow as the conversation continued.

"I told you I don't know. I just read the word on the door." The girls eyebrows furrowed as she glared back at glimmer. 

"Right.." Glimmer let out a sarcastic laugh, "You read a word in a language that no one has spoken for 1000  years, and the door just opened into a mysterious ancient ruin! Sure." 

I was poking around and suddenly inhaled a bunch of dust, throwing me into a coughing fit. "Don't forget to add 'dusty' to that list of adjectives." 

"You think I  did this on purpose?" The girl stood up suddenly and me and bow just watched in silence, "You think I wanted to be a princess? Princesses are monsters!" 

I crossed my arms over my chest, rage bubbling, but then I realized that she was right about that. The members of the my family were monsters. Only my mother was worthy of the title as queen and even then, not using her gift may have been the leading cause for her demise. 

"Monsters!? You're the monster!" 

Bow quickly acted and split the two girls apart, "Glimmer, she did save us," 

"I don't care! We can't trust her bow!" She turned to me, "Have you both forgotten everything the hordes done to us! The people we've lost.." tears streamed down her face, but I was too lost in my own thoughts over my mother to even move. 

After wiping her tears, she began to speak again, "We need to find another way out of here and get her back to bright-moon as soon as possible. My mother will know what to do with her." And with that, glimmer walked off. 

"Hey, So, thanks for saving us from that bug thing back there when you could've escaped," Bow spoke up, although it didn't quite cut through the tension that was currently present in the air. 

"Okay, well I didn't save you. I just wanted the sword Okay," the girl shot back quickly. 

Bow raised an eyebrow, with a smirk "Are you sure its not because you secretly like us?" I stifled a laugh, cause of course bow would say something like that. 

"Wh-? I don't like you. Your my captors." She stated simply, which I guess was true, but she really could've escaped anytime. She then turned and started walking away, but Bow and I followed her.

"Sureeee," His Sarcastic tone was above obvious and I'm sure she could tell. "Thanks for saving us anyway. I'm Bow and that's y/n" he pointed to me and I gave a small wave.