[33] Seeds of Doubt

"Oof." I grumbled as a horde soldiers boot came in contact with my face. Quickly, I returned the gesture by hitting them upside the head with my stick.

She-ra and Glimmer were fighting some soldiers a little ways away from me, and Bow was shooting them from a cliff. 

Suddenly another solider came up behind me and I quickly created an illusion of a giant monster behind me. 

They screamed and ran away, not before throwing their zappy stick at my head, "Uh- Rude." before they could go much farther Bow shot them down with a net arrow.  

I smiled and turned to Glimmer, "Glimmer! Did you see that! I created a giant monster illusion!" sure, I was acting like a child who got a new toy for Christmas, but how could I not? 

About 4 weeks had passed since my injury, and since then I had been practicing non-stop, which led me to be able to narrow down my abilities so I could use it on either one specific person, or a whole radius of people. 

Glimmer smiled at me, "I sure did. Remind me to never get on your bad side." we laughed and continued fighting the horde soldiers. 

Flutterina was also doing a great job of fighting the horde, despite not having an amazing magical powers. 

But as the fight continued, I notice a sort of rift in Glimmers and Adora's friendship. Scratch that. I had been noticing it since that day Glimmer first went out to fight. 

Just then Glimmer teleported somewhere else to fight another batch of soldiers, and Flutterina came up to me, jumping around. 

"Wow! Those illusions you do are pretty cool! Can you show me another one?" I could see the stars in her eyes. 

I nodded before focusing on changing her dress from its normal pink, to a baby blue. 

She gasped as she looked down, "That's so amazing! You would never have to buy clothes again you could just make an illusion of what you wanted to wear." The pink haired girl squealed, and the dress turned back to its normal hue.

Just as I thought she was walking away, she turned back to me, "Imagine the things you could do with that power. You could disguise yourself as someone else, that would be very useful." and she skipped off. 

I blinked for a second before returning to reality. The way she said that kinda threw me off, it was almost like she was trying to hint at something. Foreshadowing or something along those lines. 

Glimmer suddenly teleported to me and grabbed my hand, teleported me back to wherever she was before. 

I noticed that we were on the opposite side of the cliffs that I was on before, and we were following Adora and Bow, who were quite the distance away from us. 

I also noticed how freaking tight Glimmer was holding my hand, as well as the look of anger in her pink orbs.

"Um Glimmer, your gonna break my hand." 

She gasped softly and let go, crossing her arms around her chest instead. 

Flutterina was trailing behind us and I waved at her, despite only seeing her a few moments before. 

I sighed, knowing it was gonna be a long day. 

~ Time Skip ~

We reached some sort of Horde outpost that was surrounded by crystals, and we scanned the surrounding area.

"I don't see any defensive bots here either." Bow stated the obvious, "Honestly, it doesn't look like there's anyone on watch." 

Adora narrowed her eyebrows, "But we don't know what they've got inside the outpost. So let's go in nice and slow. Here's what we're gonna do. I- GLIMMER."