Chapter 4

"One more time guys!" Christina says into her microphone. The echo in the stadium is astronomical.

"Can you not shout into the mic when we are talking?" Lisa asks.

"Sorry," Christina says. "Ben, can you rerun the track?" she says more quietly into her microphone.

"I got ya," Ben buzzes in our ears.

I go back to my starting position as the backtrack to Acid Rain starts to blare through the stadium. We go through the song once more with Christina shouting pointers through out it.

"More passion Dani! I want to feel it! Little more control Laur. Nice! Passion guys! Passion!"

The track ends and we stand in place for a second, out of breath.

"That was good," Lisa says between labored breaths.

"That's it for me guys," I say laying down on the stage. I lost feeling in my legs an hour ago.

"Crap, it's already seven. Okay, yeah that's a wrap for tonight," Christina says.

Dani plops down next to me and we just lay there for a minute. Suddenly she turns to me.

"Can you believe it?" she says.

"What exactly are you referring to?"

"Laur. Six more days and then we are headlining a stadium tour. That's...unreal," she says trailing off.

I feel anxiety churn in my stomach. "Definitely unreal. I don't think it'll hit me until right before we go on stage. Until then, it's going to keep feeling like a dream. Like someone can just take it away."

"I get that. Can you imagine what our lives would be like if you guys never posted that video?" Dani asks.

I think for a second. What if we never posted that video?

"I have no idea what it would be like but I'm glad we did."

"Me too."

"Yo, you two rats coming or do you want to spend the night here?" Amy calls out.

Dani and I both get up and grab our backpacks before following them over to the golf carts waiting to take us to the cars. Two of our security guys, Kevin and Greg, are sitting behind the wheels. 

"You guys sound great," Greg says as I climb in next to him. Dani and Amy hop on the back and Greg his the accelerator. 

"Thanks. Are you guys taking us back to the hotel?" 

Greg nods. "Anytime you guys move as a group all five of us will be with you." 

"Yeah, we'll see what happens," Dani says. 

"We most definitely will not," Amy tells her firmly. 

"Come on Ames, live a little," I tease. 

"Rules are made for a reason." 

"She's my new favorite," Greg adds in. 

We pull into a parking garage and the other members of security, Julia, James and Isaac are waiting by two Escalades. 

"Lauren, Dani and Christina are with us in car one," Julia says. 

I climb into the first car and go all the way into the back. As it was explained to us when we met the security team, Julia and James, who are twins, are personally assigned to keep an eye on Dani and I since we are both minors. We can't go anywhere without them which has gotten annoying really quick. Julia followed us to the bathroom during rehearsals. 

At least I have weed. Dani is getting close to blowing up about it. "It's like they think we are kids!" she complained earlier. 

I had to break it to her that technically we are kids which is why they were doing it. So from now until either whenever the tour is officially over, or for me, until I turn eighteen which is more probable, they are our new best friends. Yay for us.