Back to the jet!

We stayed till morning and once we were up we made our way back home. I was given a window seat again but this time I had Spencer next to me and we shared a large blanket since I was freezing and apparently he was as well. I got giddy again when we began to take off making everyone smile.
"You know you might get bored of flying after awhile of working with us." Derek told
"I don't think I will. Flying is something I will always enjoy doing."
"If you say so baby." He told before putting his headphones on.
After a few minutes he pulled his headphones off and looked at us, who had the biggest smile on our faces.
"This is cold baby."
"What are you on about?" J asked as she looked up from what she was doing.
"Seems like our pretty girl has just pranked me."
"Spencer told me to do it!" I told as I pointed at him.
"I certainly did not."
"Oh yes you did. And I quote 'you should really prank Derek before he pranks you. Because if you don't......" I was cut off by Spencer wrapping his arm around me to placing his hand on my mouth to shut me up and pulled me so my head was against his shoulder.
"Well now I'm going to get you both back. When you least expect it."
"I didn't do anything."
"Your going down with River on this." He told before going to a different song only to have the same effect as before.
"How many did you two make?"
I gave Spencer's hand a few taps to notify him I wanted to talk.
"If we told you that then it wouldn't be fun." I told as me and Spencer fist bumped.
"What did you expect to happen when they became friends?" Emily asked out of curiosity.
"Not ganging up to prank me."
"Don't worry Derek. I have a prank set in motion for Spencer as well."
"You do?" He asked as he looked down at me.
"Oh I do. It involves a little doctor missing you so she goes to where you work."
"She wouldn't dare."
"Oh I think she might."
He gave me a look saying I was full of it before he went back to reading and didn't remove his arm from where it was. I went back to watching the sky as we flew and slowly I fell back asleep.

("River you should really pick up the calls from them. They want to keep a check up on your file to make sure you haven't done anything bad."
"I get that but my life is fine. I own a bookstore now and....."
"You didn't go for the fbi dream like you had?"
"It just wasn't where my heart was set on anymore. My heart was set on opening a bookstore in hipster central. Make good money since they love to read books and I got a lot of the seniors coming in."
"I just want you to be happy. But please try and pick up the phone when they call. We all miss you."
"Yeah I know....."
"River?"
"Sorry I gotta go. This dumbass just knocked a bunch of my books over.")

I could faintly hear people whispering but I decided to act like I was still asleep to figure out what they were saying.
"Are we sure we can't try and set them up?"
'Emily....'
"She has a boyfriend so no we can't."
'J....'
"Besides he has his doctor friend who I am sure they are dating by now."
'Derek....'
"Has he told you that they are? And for all we know River and her boyfriend could have broken up in the few months we've known her."
'Good job David.'
"The only person here that truely knows is Hotch." Emily told and I could tell all their focus was on the man now.
"I'm not going to confirm or deny anything since it's more fun when you guys don't know." He told.
"If you guys are done gossiping about everything I would really like to get back to sleep." I told as I kept my eyes shut.
"How long have you been awake for?" J asked
"Since 'are we sure we can't try and set them up.' Now if you don't mind, imma go back to sleep."
"You do that Il mio piccolo genio. We will wake you when we land."
"Thanks."

~the end of the flight~

I was lightly shaken awake and I opened my eyes to see J giving a kind smile.
"Hey. Have we landed?"
"Yeah. I know you would have wanted to see the plane land but no one had the heart to wake you again."
"That's fine. There's always next time." I told as I sat up and did a light stretch as I yawned.
"Now to wake the other sleeping beauty." Derek joked and he grabbed his belongings.
"I got this." I told before covering his nose.
He quickly woke up and gave me the look he always gives when I do that.
"I hate that." He told as he took the blanket off of himself.
"Still got you up quickly didn't it?" I told as I began to roll the blanket up for the next use it will get.
He didn't answer me and got his things before heading off the jet.
'I may have made him mad.'
"Your things are on the table. I grabbed them for you." J told as I smiled back at her.
"Thanks."
"You are welcome."
I got up from my seat and grabbed my bags before heading off with her. We rejoined with the rest of the team before Aaron told us that we can take the rest of the day off and start the paperwork tomorrow if we wanted to.
'Yeah Im gonna grab it before heading home with Spencer.'
I began to follow after Spencer who was still mad about the whole wake up deal.
"Your not looking at me."
"Because I know you will try and make me not mad."
"I'm not gonna use my Bambi eyes for that. I promise."
He stopped when we got to his car and he finally looked up at me.
"I'm very sorry about the whole thing ok. I promise I won't do it ever again."
He didn't remove his eyes from me and I could tell he was trying to work out if I was lying to him or not.
"I'm not lying Spence." I told as I gave him a smirk which made him start to smile.
"I know. Now come on let's get to the office and then home."
"Sweet." I told as we both got in.
The ride to the office was nice and sweet.
"Oh Spencer I forgot to tell you earlier but..... David may know about us being together." I told
"How?"
"He worked it out."
"You think all of them would have by now."
"I mean we've only shown how close we usually are in the past month."
"Maybe we should tell them tonight?" He told as he grabbed my hand to hold it.
"Maybe a little longer. Give David time to enjoy knowing while the rest don't."
"Alright. Just a little longer." He told before planting a kiss on the back of my hand.
'I'm so glad he walked into my store when he did.'
We let go of the others hand when we neared the office and walked in together only for my eyes to be covered by Spencer.
"Spencer why are you covering my eyes?"
"I can't tell you or it ruins the surprise."
"The surprise? Oh god you didn't tell them when my birthday was did you?"
"No. Also doesn't Jj know?"
"She knows the month not the day."
"Well it's not that."
The elevator stilled and I could hear the doors open. We walked out and he helped me walk towards some unknown place. We had to stop so he could open the door to some place before we continued to make our way to the surprise. After a few more steps I was stilled and I could feel there was people around us.
"You know I'm gonna throw hands in a second." I told which made him laugh.
"Well hopefully once you see the surprise you won't." He told before he took his hands off of my eyes.
I had to blink a few times before my eyes readjusted to the light and I was shocked by what I saw.
"Surprise!" The team shouted as they set off party poppers over me.
"I....I am slightly confused." I told
"It's your desk." J told before giving me a hug.
"Now it's official baby."
"Your right across from the genius so you two are able to talk about science and what not to your hearts content."
"Oh we can decorate for Halloween!" I exclaimed as I jumped.
"We can."
"Penelope you made the best choice putting her across from him." David told.
"Wait you set this up Penelope?"
"I did. And because I don't know how you want to keep your desk I made you a fun draw." She told as she opened up the bottom one.
I pulled out a frame which was one that Penelope took a few months ago when we all went to celebrate them solving another case. I put it down and turned to look at them.
"You guys didn't need to do this."
"But we did." Penelope told as she wrapped me in a hug. "Group hug!"
They all joined in and I had the biggest smile on my face. When they all pulled apart I did a little jump and I got an idea.
"Spencer! Let's do the little science magic!"
"No. No science magic." Aaron told making us laugh.
"Fine. Your no fun." I told
He shook his head and walked away before Spencer just leaned down to me.
"We will just do it when he isn't here."
"Sweet!"
"Jj you made the mistake of introducing them to each other." David told before he walked off to his office.
"Yeah I didn't think this would ever happen." She told making me laugh.
"Well, think of it this way. We are less likely to annoy you guys with our rambles."
"Also means we will never shut the other person up." Spencer added.
"Oh here's one. 'I always gagged on the silver spoon.'"
"Citizen Kane. Charles Foster Kane spoke it." He told
"Dang it."
"What is with this?" Derek asked as he pointed to each of us.
"Here's one. 'What devil or witch was ever so great as Attila, whose blood flows in these veins?' And what do you mean?"
"Bram Stoker's Dracula, spoken by Count Vlad Dracul/Dracula." I told before placing my fist in the air which he bumped back.
"That." He deadpanned
"Just something we do." We told.
"Maybe it was a mistake to put them next to each other." He told making us laugh.
"Well as much I would love to stay and chat I wanna get home to my comfy comfy bed. And to maybe, just maybe, get some cuddles from my boo." I told as I collected the needed paperwork.
"We need to meet him soon." J told
"I know. It should be soonish though. I don't know depends how things go you know."
"Maybe Spencer's dr friend will show up soon hopefully." Emily told.
"Yeah Spencer. When will the team meet her?" I asked.
"When the time is right. Besides we are working things out."
"Gonna ask her out?" Penelope asked.
"Who says I haven't yet." He told before we headed off.
"Spencer! You can't just say that and walk off!" Derek shouted.
"Oh but I just did." He told before the glass doors shut behind us.
We got into the elevator and we both couldn't help but smile.
"I think my cheekiness is rubbing off on ya Dr.Reid."
"Yeah well probably doesn't help we get to spend more time together then we do with the rest."
"You saying you don't want to hang with me while we work on the paper work tonight?"
"I never said that. How about we get pizza for lunch?"
"Oooo yes. Also because of your quote I really want to watch Dracula."
"We can manage that." He told as we walked out and headed to the car.
"We should also pop in to say hi to Jade. The shop should be opened by now." I told as we got in.
"We can definitely do that."
'This is perfect.'