Chapter 3

Now how did I perform so well when my body was that of a monk frozen in ice for 100 years. Well airbending. I could bend the air within the fish but that would waste a lot of chi and would take to much effort. Instead I created a bubble of air underwater and used it to create a sort of net that would use semipermeable membranes to catch fish. I was also trying to increase air pressure around me for control.

It was hard at first and I could only make one bubble at a time but I slowly improved. It took nearly a week of training but I had managed to operate 2 different bubbles on the same time. What did you expect for me to magically be able to create 15 mind controlled bubbles. I mean if I wanted to I could easily create 15 bubble with basic instructions but these two bubbles of air are controlled consciously.

Of course it slowly became an show. First to join was katara. She simply wanted advice on bending but I instead gave her philosophical advice since our styles are very different. A lot of the things I said went over her head but she still listened. And since katara was here the next day sokka was here as well. Sokka was followed by the kids he ahem" trained" who were followed by the worried parents to me.

And by the end of the week everyone would be there to see me catch fish with air bending. But I didn't just spend time practicing air bending and taking a mentor like role to katara, no. I started physical training. How I know that sounds boring but bending requires bodily strength plus if you ever have your bending disabled or at a disadvantage, nobody would expect a 12 year old monk to kick your ass hand to hand.

I started with basic training and slowly scaled it up. I knew exactly what to eat and I had a proper meal plan sorted. Still airbending was my major priority. I practiced a lot of different techniques for a few different situations. Like for example, the ability to create an air mebbrane around my body and letting oxygen in and nothing else.

So I could breathe under water and at higher altitudes. I also had an air sense as in I could sense every disturbance in the air. I got this idea from toph. I also started using breath bending as I like to call it. I bend my breath to act like a vacuum or a repelling force. It is very effective against fire benders as fires are dependent on air.

I tried but failed in bending clouds and flying as they take way too much energy. I could jump extremely high but that was it. Bending the clouds was hard cause they fell more towards water than air but I still persevered and mages to bend around a few meters of cloud a few degrees, sheesh. I am an air bending master yet I can barely perform cloud bending, that just shows that I have so much to learn.

Anyway, I was just sitting there minding my own business in my igloo meditating and thinking about different pathways of chi when I hear panicked shuffling and the door to my igloo being opened. I was pretty annoyed but I opened my eyes and saw sokka burst in with a boomerang in his hand and he looked ready to fight, me and him hadn't been getting along well at all. By that I mean he tries to prove that I am a fire nation spy while I ignore him.

I guess what I said about reasonable paranoia is now retracted. Getting back on track he started with.

"Aang. I know you are the spy surrender."

"Sokka for the last time, I didn't do anything please tell me if you have any proof."

"You just sent out a flare for the fire nation. I saw it from here."

"Sokka I was here for the entire time. How did I release a flare? Also why wait till now to release a flare and if I wanted I could escape easily but I didn't."

"Sokka my grandchild, aang here hasn't done anything to warrant your suspicions but you still blame him for such matters." It was grandma chief/grandma.

"But gran-gran what if he set it up before leaving."

"That may be true Sokka but it is not facts and is much more unlikely then someone stumbling upon the flare."

It was at that moment that katara came back with a heart wrenching lay depressed face. She proceeded to explain how she caused the fare and how she was sorry. In the end she was forgiven but she had chores for life. It was a pretty heart wrenching scene but it still ended well.

"Well Sokka, I have been proved innocent. I understand paranoia but you are taking it to extreme unnecessarily. I just hope you learn to trust," I hope I don't come off as condescending. Today is the day canon starts. The sheer amount of things that depend on this event is massive.

I walked up to katara and said." Don't worry it's not your fault, you are young and you will mature later and the only way you can redeem yourself is to learn from your mistakes. And never repeat them. Understand."" Yes aang, thanks for the support." I could see that she was relieved when I talked to her, I guess that she doesn't wanna lose a friend or a bending master.

" Katara you know what I said about the bending basics"

"yes, they are the same just with different elements and mindsets. Why are you asking"

"cause I am gonna teach you a bit"

"really!?".

"When do I ever break my promises." I guess she needed that good news just in case.

Well the very next day I saw a ship coming to the tribe while I was practicing air bending in a secluded area. Shit. That's zukos ship, well zuko and Zhao but he doesn't matter. I ran as fast as I could, which was pretty fast as I was an airbender, to alert the tribe. Everyone started panicking and of course sokka tried to say I was lying when a large voice came from the ship sailing towards us