Chapter 11

Three days later.

It took us three days to finally see the fire temple where avatar roku was currently residing, spiritually of course. I haven't had improved much in anything besides control but katara was getting better and better at phase shifting. She was more suited to the normal version of phase shifting over my method but she is still a water bending genius.

The rumors had spread faster than appa and every town was talking about the trapped avatar. The rumors were doing there job extremely well and were pretty effective.

We were flying on appa, katara and sokka were having some spat which I was to used to to care. They had seats like every other day, even if I solve them or step in, the very next day they have more and more problems. I just got used to these spats, so I just tuned them out. I was meditating while trying to feel exactly how appa was flying by moving the air to be able to fly.

It was that when I opened my eyes and saw an outline of a weird temple in the clouds.

" Guys stop fighting, we are here. Appa kand. Katara and sokka Explore the place, I am going ahead." The moment I finished saying that, I jumped off using airbending to cover an impressive height of nearly 76 feet. I need to talk to roku alone.

I landed on the floor and before i could regain my sense of balance, I felt a few soldiers walking around the corner and so I jumped straight onto one of the rooms.

"Man I can't believe that we, the elite guard of firebenders, were assigned to garud an obscure temple. Nobody even comes here. There isn't any valuable history or any gold here either."

"Yeah but the job is easy and the pay is better than guarding the walls. Or are you insane and want to be the princess's body guard?" The other guards seemed to have a shudder travel through his back before looking horrified and decided to shut his trap

The only reason these chumps are here are cause this is one of the likely places I will travel through while going to ba sing se.

Even if you zoom out on the entire fire nation, you tend forget that the nation is made up off innocent people trying to live their lives. Well I will think about it later. Well these aren't quite the innocent people but I need 5 fire blasts. From what I could infer from my time in the battleship, and each squad is around 5-7 people. And Each elite squad is compromised entirely out of fire benders. Good.

I quickly snuck my way around the walls as those two were the only assigned guards to the temple.

It wasn't long Until I found my self in front of the door. There was around 2 hours till the peak of winter solstice which Just happens to be today. I waited by meditated near the corner for around a teeny bit less than 2 hours.

It was nearing the sunset and I should probably engage the squad right now. They were grouped together as they are changing shifts in a few minutes." Oi canon fodders. Yeah I am the avatar, whatcha gonna do about it?" Before they could reply, I jumped off and ran into the central room with the door.

"Get him"

They all started madly flailing fire balls in my direction, I was able to dodge them but they weren't hitting the intended targets so I provoked them to attack to together." So you guys don't even know basic teamwork. Such a shame, I wouldn't be able dodge all of your simultaneous attacks"

They looked at each other, seemingly confused before firing a massive barrage of fire streams at me. Good I redirected them towards the necessary targets, it turns out controlling the direction of fire by using oxygen is extremely useful in a war against fire benders. Of course masters can resist this change but these soldiers aren't masters by a long shot.

It took around a moment for the doors to open widely. I sent a massive Blast of air at the used soldiers, of course 2 soldiers dodged but I followed up with a concentrated wind slash. It was good enough to cut armor but not reach the skin. They were knocked out. I tied up all the soldiers in case they awoke.

I turned to the statue of avatar roku and sat in a lotus position and detached myself form the physical boundaries of the world and appeared in a spiritual state. The moment I had done that, a line of sunlight came directly over the eyes of avatar roku statue. They glowed blood red for one second.

From that statue our came an extremely dignified man with a long beard. He could easily pass as royalty or nobility but I wasn't fooled by his outward appearance. He was the last avatar to master each element. He was able to stop an entire active volcano form erupting not once but twice.

"Avatar, you have come to me for answers. Let me answer them"

"I would let you if you were avatar roku. How are you doing, raava?"