Chapter 7

3 days later.

Today is the day we reach kyoshi island. Appa wasn't that tired but I could feel that he was getting slower the more we flew. Even though his stomach is full, he needs more rest. After making sure sokka wouldn't mess this up again and telling katara and sokka about the general history of the kyoshi island and the kyoshi avatar.

She was born to two thief's 500 years ago(not exact) And had a very rough childhood before she was discovered to be the avatar. After the fact that she was the avatar got out, she and her friends were hunted down. She struggled a lot but after a few years, she became a successful avatar and founded kyoshi island and stopped numerous civil and national wars.

They were Impressed to say the least. But that was expected. Anyway we could see the island from here. It was a pretty weirdly shaped island but I don't judge. I had succeeded in projecting my spiritual form on to the outside world and to my surprise my spiritual body was that of aang. What!

The only way that would make sense if I was in that body for longer but I didn't know. Maybe I was in the iceberg for longer than I could count? That is the only explanation. Still I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth but my curiosity regarding this topic shall not be exhausted so easily.

My water bending had been going very well. I had unlocked my water bending chi and it was definitely different, the chi from water bending followed a completely different path from my airbending chi. Bending water for me was extremely hard, like almost to the point where I was slower than canon aang. There are 2 explanations.

1. All bending is this hard and airbending was extremely easy due to my memories
2. My personality matches fire chi the best and I had air chi in my body before the personality shift. This makes water chi much harder to both use and properly control.

That didn't mean I wasn't successful, for me difficulty is a mere setback. I had learned to bend water at the level of past katara who was weaker than current katara. I had succeeded in bending a bit of mist and after combining my air and wind bending I was able to bend clouds much more easily.

Speaking of bending, my air bending had been coming along well, my compression of chi technique was working very slowly so I had a thought, it is resisting my efforts why? Because compression is not in the nature of wind. So what if I were to compress wind Kirk how it is in nature.

So nearly 2 days ago I tried to created a tornado in my chi pool. This would naturally cause the inner winds to become much denser and since it is in the nature of wind to spread out, after the tornado was completed the density would spread among all the chi causing it to become overall much denser.

This technique worked much better than my previous one. So I tried to think of the times when water naturally became denser. Freezing. So I tried to condense my water chi by slowly compressing it into ice. I was instead just making the water colder and denser. It was no where cold enough to form ice but it was colder than room temperature.

My water chi pool had been expanding a tiny teeny amount. Not much but it has been only 3 days, anyways we landed near kyoshi island and walked with appa a bit to the home of the kyoshi. When we walked past the general population. They gave me wide berths and stares, whispering about my air bending robes.

It was at that moment when I felt the air being disturbed by a warriors who had a shape similar to the kyoshi warriors. So sneak attacks huh, guess I need to show them their place. I sent a blast of air towards sokka and katara to move tham out of the way before getting into a stance. There were 4 of them against one of me. I feel bad for them, its so unfair.

They attacked from my blind spots. I sent out a large number of non lethal air bullets at them and pushed the but of my stick into the ground creating a massive Omni-directional wind blowing them all away." Pretty bold of you to assume you could attack me and expect me to not retaliate.". I was nowhere near their level and I would definitely lose to them if they weren't in surprise or shock.

"The avatar."" Yep. I was just stopping by when I remembered about my predecessor and thought why not visit? But to attack someone who hadn't come with violence, who hasn't hurt anyone and even though they acted completely peacefully. I am disappointed. Also sokka and katara you can stop pretending, they are on our side. Come on."

At the very least the kyoshi warriors had the decency to blush through all of the makeup. The emotions in this world were much more exaggerated for some reason. I could also see a speck of admiration in their eyes. Still this would divulge to the world that I am the avatar as the common populace saw this encounter and if zuko could learn about it then everyone will know.

They were respectful from that point and they took us to the headquarter where we met the leader warrior. She looked a lot like all the kyoshi warriors, she was just a bit taller and a teeny bit wider.

," how may we help you avatar?"

"We were just looking for a place to stop and resupply before heading to omashu. I also wanted to see the work of my predecessor." As I said that I turned and looked at the statue of avatar kyoshi, for a second I saw her eyes glow a tiny bit. I simple smiled at the statue and moved on.

"Why omashu? We don't mind helping you with supplies."

"We need allies. With or without war unity is key. I know the king of omashu from a long time back." My eyes narrowed at the last point, I need to explain to king omashu, about my radical personality change.

"We are also looking for some hand to hand martial arts scrolls for an  element of surprise."

The leader smiled like she had wanted this" we kyoshi warriors shall help and teach you personally along with your entourage." Sokka looked like he wanted to disagree but a single glance was enough to stop him from saying anything.

"Thanks for your hospitality, please tell me if I can help you in anyway. I don't like bending a freeloader or using my status to gain things I didn't earn." that definitely impressed them a bit. Well I am only staying here for a few days.