The Spartan

On-board the Infinity, Captain Lasky was briefing Blue Team on a situation that was developing on a planet known as Gerifa. The four Spartans watched the hologram closely.

"Recently we've been receiving reports of what appears to be a rogue Spartan. The target seems to be making themselves known by attacking through stealth. When a Marine questioned the Spartan, the only response she got was 'Never going back to them.', or something like that. I need you four to embark your Pelican and deal with this Spartan. Use of lethal force is authorized but only as a last resort. I want them to be brought in alive.", Lasky said as they watched recordings of the rogue Spartan. The recordings showed them attacking from the darkness and retreating before the enemies had a chance to fight back. One recording even showed them speaking with a Promethean Knight. Only this Promethean Knight wasn't the usual orange, it was white.

"Sir, do we have any clear images of the target?", Chief asked and Palmer plugged in a data drive which showed a video of the Spartan talking. The crew could easily see the black and red armor and the red visor.

"10 years alone, waiting for reinforcements that ONI had promised to me

"10 years alone, waiting for reinforcements that ONI had promised to me. NOTHING ever came! I'm never going back to them, not even if they need me. They left me to rot, they can suffer if they choose. If they won't send help to me when I need it most, then they can do without me. I don't care if they would need me desperately. They left me to die, so they deserve to suffer and perish. The Office of Naval Ignorance isn't trying to help people, it's trying to accelerate the wars! I've seen what they've done. I've witnessed first-hand their atrocities. And I will do whatever it takes to ensure those bastards all suffer for what they did!", the Spartan said before the video ended. Lasky looked at Palmer, then at Chief.

"We have reason to believe that the rogue Spartan has sensitive and confidential data that could leave us vulnerable if it gets to the wrong hands. Try to reason with them. If they are angered or threatened, they may attack. Try and subdue them so we can bring them in. Dismissed.", Lasky said and the Spartans saluted before heading into the Pelican. As they armed their weapons and stocked the ammunition they'd need, Kelly could tell Linda felt uneasy.

"Are you ok Linda?", she asked, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. Linda looked at her teammate.

"I'm fine. That voice sounded familiar. If we can get the Spartan to remove their helmet, I'm sure they may be someone we know.", she replied.

"Now that you mention it, I remember Spartan 632 was classed MIA, as in ACTUALLY missing in action. Not dead.", Frederic said as he primed his DMR. Chief looked at his allies.

"When we get there, we'll know for sure.", he said as the Pelican left the hangar and set a course for Gerifa.