Reunion of the Team

It had been several hours since Blue Team landed in the area and they had found a lot of information regarding 632. They had found out from a data pad that 632 had been rescued by a Pelican and taken into civilian care. He had also been able to make peace with the Prometheans by awakening the Oracle, which had given him the ability to control the Prometheans. Just as they approached a hard light bridge, they heard something running up behind them.

"Blue Team! Wait!", the familiar voice of 632 called out, causing them to aim their weapons at him. He stopped and held his hands out to them. Linda noticed his visor had been repaired.

"I don't want to fight you guys. I want us to be who we once were.", he said trying to be reasonable. Chief hesitantly lowered his weapon.

"Your Prometheans attacked us.", he said sternly. 632 looked down in acknowledgement.

"They attacked you because they saw you as threats.", he explained before removing his helmet, showing his face to them.

", he explained before removing his helmet, showing his face to them

"I don't want to fight you. I don't want to go back to the UNSC or ONI, but I want us to be the team we were during training. You're my family.", he said trying to get them to lower their weapons. Linda lowered Nornfang and stepped towards 632. She stared at him through her visor, before she suddenly hugged him.

"I missed you Thomas.", she said quietly. 632 wrapped his arms around her in return.

"I missed you too Linda, or should I call you Eagle.", he replied using the nickname he gave her when they were training. The hug soon broke and Linda removed her helmet. Her red hair had grown a lot since Thomas had seen her, and her green eyes had a tinge of darkness around them, a symbol of her combat experience. Linda looked him in the eyes before she punched him in the gut.

"That's for not trying to find me for 20 years!", she said angrily. Thomas clutched his gut in pain.

"Fair enough but-", Thomas started to say but was cut off by Linda kissing him deeply to the shock of the other Blue Team members. She broke away from him, the two of them blushing bright red.

"A-and that?", Thomas asked and Linda touched his cheek gently.

"For coming back to us.", she said. Thomas cleared his throat.

"L-Linda...when I was floating in space for a while, I thought back to what I had never told you...", he said nervously. Linda touched his arm.

"Go ahead. Speak your mind, it's just us here.", she said kindly.

"Linda Pravdin...I've been hiding this for years, but I have had a crush on you for so long. W-would you be my girlfriend?", he asked her fully expecting her to decline, but she just kissed him again.

"You know I'd love to be your girlfriend Thomas. I felt the same way about you and never got to tell you after that mission.", she said when they broke away. The other members removed their helmets and Thomas looked at them for a while, before they all embraced him in a group hug, glad to be reunited with each other. Thomas pressed a button on his arm and spoke into it.

"All Promethean units, Blue Team are now friendly. Do not shoot, I repeat do not shoot.", he said before looking back at the team who now had their helmets off.

"We still have to report back to Infinity.", Kelly said in concern. Thomas smiled at her

"Tell them you found me but wouldn't bring me in because of the colony I am protecting. It's basically the truth.", he said. Kelly gave him a hug and smiled back.

"It's good to see you again Thomas.", she said.

"We'll do that, because we do not want to risk your Prometheans attacking us and rendering the colony undefended.", Chief said as they all got their helmets on. Thomas watched as they entered the Pelican and flew away before returning to his Sabre and flying back to the colony. He knew ONI would probably send Palmer or Locke to arrest him. He knew too much about them and their hierarchy for them not to consider him a threat.