Hunting for Clues

When the Pelican arrived at Gerifa, Linda was on the sensors immediately. To her confusion, she found Promethean data but none of it registered hostile. Fred noticed something near the colony and pointed it out to Chief, who set the Pelican down on a nearby landing pad. The four stepped out weapons drawn. A civilian ran up to them.

"Spartans? Thank god! We've been under attack by Insurrectionists and the Covenant for a while. We've had some help but the numbers of the enemies are growing by the day.", he said between each breath. Chief placed a hand on the civilian's shoulder.

"We'll help out. But we also need your help with finding this person.", he said showing them an image of the rogue Spartan. The civilian looked at it closely.

"We haven't seen them but people have reported sightings of them with white Prometheans. They seemed to fight a lot in some sort of ship.", they replied.

"What ship?", Kelly asked and the civilian shrugged.

"It didn't seem like anything we ever saw. It didn't look Covenant or Promethean. It looked UNSC.", he replied.

"Get your people to safety, we'll protect your colony.", Fred ordered and the civilian ran to help his people get to shelter. Just then, a Phantom flew overhead and began shooting at the fleeing civilians. The Spartans readied their weapons when a Promethean ship flew in and blew apart the Phantom, the wreckage crashing down a nearby cliff. The ship landed and a Promethean Soldier hopped out. To the surprise of the four Spartans, the Promethean Soldier saluted them.

"If you are here to defend this colony from attack then your help is welcome. But if you plan to harm these people, then you must leave immediately.", they said. Chief cautiously stepped forward.

"We're here to help. We are also looking for this person. I believe you may have had some interaction with them.", he said showing the Soldier the picture of the rogue Spartan. The Soldier looked at it closely.

"Ah yes. That is our leader. He defends this colony with our assistance. He is currently engaged in a ground battle against Covenant soldiers. Do not attempt to make contact with him while the battle is in motion. He may attack you.", the Soldier replied. Linda stepped forward.

"Can you at least take us to his base? We want to help him.", she asked. The Soldier let out a deep sigh.

"I can, but I cannot speak for you. The others may attack. Show you mean no harm by keeping your weapons holstered.", they replied as they hopped back into their ship. The four Spartans went back to the Pelican and took off, following the Soldier. They soon arrived outside a large complex. Kelly took note of a ship docked nearby.

 Kelly took note of a ship docked nearby

"A Sabre...I thought those were rumoured. Not real.", she said. Chief looked over to the ship.

"Seems as though that's what he uses to fight in the air. Remember, keep your weapons holstered. We don't want any unnecessary casualties.", he said cautiously as they all put their weapons on their backs. The Soldier entered some codes into a panel and the doors opened. Fred reached for his DMR when he saw the horde of white Prometheans looking at him but Chief grabbed his arm. Fred lowered his arm slowly and Chief let go of his friend. One of the Promethean Knights walked up to the four Spartans.