Part 9: Drunken Haste

I would like to dedicate this chapter to VipulPawar for his encouraging comments and votes. Thank you, readers, for all the reads. Enjoy reading.

I held my breath as he walked towards me, his blue eyes had turned dark, perhaps due to anger. He still had his work clothes on, which meant he came directly from work. Zach still had his arm around my waist and Alex seemed to angrily stare at that. I tried to make him drop his hand in a subtle manner, but Zach just tightened his arm around me, pulling me against him.

Take a hint, Zach.

Alex had left the blonde behind and stood really close to me. Our noses were almost touching and I could smell his scent and feel his minty breath on my face. My breath hitched in my throat. Without a hint, he grabbed me by my arm and dragged me to a small room. By the looks of it, it was a storage room. It was dark inside and the room had a weird dusty smell. He shut the door behind us and flipped a light switch. He came up to me and grabbed me again. I looked at him confused, squinting my eyes to adjust to the bright light.

"So, this is why you're avoiding me," he accused in a cold voice. I looked at him like I'd heard him say that the world is square.

Was he crazy?

"Excuse me? What on earth are you talking about?" I asked him, flustered at his overreaction.

"I am talking about you starting to avoid me the minute your little boyfriend resumed work," he spat with anger. It hurt that he felt hurt. But he came here with a girl, too.

I pushed his hand away and pushed him back using both my hands.

"He is just my friend."

"I thought... I thought you're different. But you are just like everyone else," he taunted.

Was he accusing me of being a two-timer or something? I'm not a slut. Besides, Zach wasn't my boyfriend.

"Didn't you come with a blonde coiled around you?"

His face turned red. He remained silent but I could see how mad he was.

I looked straight into his eyes and said,

"Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not answerable to you outside of work, Mr. Armenti. Now, I'm going to go and try to spend the rest of this evening in peace, with my friends."

With that, I stormed out of the room, leaving a very angry Alex behind. I needed a drink. I reached the bar and hurriedly sat on a seat. I felt like I had run miles in the last few minutes. Alex had that effect on me. Well, I wasn't going to have to try avoiding him from that time onwards. That little fight must have had its charm work really quick.

"Anything for you, Miss?" Zach asked from behind the counter.

"Zach! You aren't supposed to stand behind the counter! You'll get into trouble," I scolded.

"Oh relax already. Stop being such a wuss. I'm friends with the bartender. So, tell me what you want."

"Oh, in that case, oh well, Vodka shots!" I chuckled.

"Vodka shots for the pretty lady, coming up."

I grinned. "Where on earth are Chloe, Ellie and Dave?"

"Look behind you," Zach said while scrunching up his nose. I looked behind, scanning the dancing crowd with my eyes. I spotted Ellie playing tonsil tennis with a tall guy and Chloe was busy grinding her ass against Dave's front. I smiled. Atleast everyone else was having a good time. I raised my eyebrows at Zach and he made gagging sounds.