Part 10: A Cocktail Of Lies

Alex's POV

I sat there frozen and stared at her beautiful face while her friends came running beside her.

"Bree! Oh my gosh, what happened?" A dark haired guy, whom I assumed to be her friend, yelled.

A woman hovered over her and asked,

"Did she pass out?" Her face had turned red.

One redheaded girl sat next to Brianna and shuddered. The blonde tried patting her face to wake her up and the guy sprinkled water on her face. Still nothing. By this time, Zachary knelt down next to Brianna and just stared. There was no time to deal with him at that moment, but he might as well could kiss my company goodbye. I was about to pick Brianna up and take her home, when she stirred in my arms and froth began coming out of her mouth. I froze and color drained from my face. There was no way that alcohol could have been the reason.

"Shit, Bree! What the f#ck did you give her?" The guy friend yelled looking at me.

"I didn't give her anything. I saw her falling and came running. Also, we don't have time for chit chat, so I'm going to take her to the hospital," I yelled back.

"Who the hell are you?" The blonde asked, narrowing her eyebrows.

"I'm her boyfriend and her boss."

The redhead nodded at them, giving them confirmation that they needed. I picked up Brianna and almost ran to my car. The music had stopped and people shifted to make way for us. The bouncers at the door kept the door open for us. Her friends followed me to my car, which my driver had kept ready, just in case I had to run away from Felicity. I made her lie down on the back seat and lifted her head up a bit so that I could sit and rested her head against my lap.

"Lucas, drive to the nearest hospital, now!" I was frantic by then. Lucas drove with a jerk. Her friends' cars were following us.

Please, cara. Don't give up.

"It's gonna be okay," I whispered in her ears. Within five stressful minutes, Lucas pulled over and helped us out of the car. I picked Brianna up and ran to the entrance.

"Get a stretcher here now!" I yelled as loud as could. I heard a few nurses gasp at Brianna and a few doctors ran towards us. They helped me lay her down on a stretcher and wheeled her in a room, while I ran behind them. Her friends caught up with us and were standing behind me. I sat on a bench outside the room with my head in my hands. What could cause such a reaction? Had someone poisoned her? But why would Brianna be the target of anyone's wrath?

"Did you see someone adding something in her drink, Zachary? Or did you add something?"

He had begun to come back to his senses. He tightened his jaw and clenched his fists.

"I wouldn't do any such thing Mr. Armenti. And no, I didn't see anyone adding anything to her drink. I served her the shots actually."

It all felt like my fault. I didn't understand why she was avoiding me. I was completely intrigued by her. Her smart mouth always had something to say to me. I found that trait so attractive that it pulled me towards her - like a moth to a flame. Not to mention, in such less time. Why did I have to mess it up? If I wouldn't have yelled at her, she wouldn't have stormed off and gotten herself drunk with Zachary.

Her friend David was pacing around in worry. His face had turned red and his sister Elizabeth was trying to calm him down, although a few minutes ago, she too was crying. Chloe, the redhead who worked for me, introduced herself and her friends to me an hour ago. She had gotten really quiet after that. So much time had passed and I was beginning to lose patience. What was taking so long?

If anything happens to Brianna...

I heard the door to the room open and I rushed to ask the doctor about her health, but David beat me to it.

"Is she okay, Doctor? What happened?" David asked him, panting with stress.

"She is okay now, but she had a cocktail of drugs in her system. Anyone knows anything about that?" He had a stern look on his face.

I knew it. Someone put drugs in her drink.

"No, Dr. er," I glanced at his name on his id, "Lockhart. But Zachary here would know, since he served her the drinks." Zachary paled at that.

"No! I did not see anything and I did not spike her drink!" He was yelling in dispair.

"I cannot say anything about that, but this is clearly a case of drug overdose, whether done by herself or not. And you know the rules. I'm going to have to call the cops," he declared and started moving away.

No, that would alert the person who drugged her!

"Dr. Lockhart, can I have a word with you?" I asked, but made it sound like a command.

"Sure," he said, raising his eyebrows.

"Somewhere private." I glanced at the curious faces of Brianna's friends.

"Okay, come with me," the doctor said. I walked behind him with only one thought in mind.

I'm going to make the person who did this to Brianna pay.

Hey, guys. Thanks a lot for reading! The reads on this story are more than 500 now and I know it is less as compared to other writers, but I can't help but feel ecstatic! ☺ Thank you so much for that. Attached with this chapter is the picture of how I think Brianna's best friend Ellie looks like. Recommend this story to your friends if you like it and don't forget to vote. ☺