five.

-FIVE-

KEVIN sighed as he plopped himself on the comfortable memory foam mattress of hyejoo's wooden bed

it had been a while since he had been to his friend's house.

"you look awfully relaxed. anything on your mind?" hyejoo questioned.

she knows me too well.

"nothing." the boy replied, "just happy to be here."

"alright." the girl chuckled as she sat herself down next to her friend.

"movie?" he offered, wanting to change the topic as soon as possible so he didn't say anything he would regret.

"sure!" the girl replied, getting out her laptop and asking her friend to go make some popcorn.

the boy happily complied.

getting up from his spot, he dashed down to the girl's kitchen, grabbed the popcorn from the packet and popped it into the microwave.

while waiting, his eyes glanced around the familiar space of hyejoo's kitchen.

it was nothing special, just your average kitchen but what made it special to him was the countless, lifelong memories he had made there.

or maybe just the fact that it was her kitchen.

BEEP!

the popcorn was done.

after getting a bowl out of the cupboard, kevin dashed back upstairs.

upon arrival, he waved to his friend then proceeded to snuggle himself in the blankets of her bed, ready to start the movie.

at his cute actions, the girl chuckled. she pressed play and joined him in the blankets while starting to munch on the popcorn.

###